Guys, Is there hope for this relationship?

So... I've been dating this guy for five months. At the beginning he said he didn't want to be exclusive though he's been pretty couple-y and recently said he wasn't seeing anyone else. I think he still wants the option but that's not my main concern as I know people go at different paces.

Anyway, my main issue is that I don't see him that much. We meet up maybe 2-3 times a month, but once a week more recently. It might be for a day or more at a time.
It's pretty much been like this from the get-go- no big increases or decreases in time between dates.
Does it sound hopeless if he still wants to only see me this often after 5 months? Should I be organising stuff more at this point even though I'm not his girlfriend?

What Guys Said 2

• If he originally wanted the relationship to be open, it's so that he won't be tied down and he can play the field. If he's not shown an interest to be exclusive to you and you alone, probably means he wants to be untied still. If you want a relationship with this guy, you have to let him know. Don't let him guess what you want. If he isn't on the same page as you, you will have to make a decision on where to move from there.

My advice, talk to the guy to figure out what his motives are with you. You'll never know until you ask.

Hope this helps.

• Is one (or both) of you really busy with other stuff? If not, then yeah you two need to meet up more often and spend more time together.