Asked a guy to get back together but why do you think he's not responding?

so i texted this guy that i was dating for 4 months that its taking me a lot of courage to tell him this so if we can get back together. i told him to really contemplate what i'm asking for before giving me a response but its now been 1 week since i heard back from him. whats the likelihood he's actually contemplating compared to just ignoring me?

Most Helpful Guy

• As @carlitoswayy indicated, it would be nice to have just a few facts to help understand the situation.

• So to elaborate, I dated him for 4 months and we were just dating exclusively but i wanted to be in a commited relationship but he had some doubts about us because he thought we lacked common interest. He was a very particular guy cause even though our personalities were very compatible he considered common interest more important. He was previously hurt in his last relationship so he would tell me that he wanted to take things slow cause he's scared of getting hurt. So one day I just walked out on him because he couldn't make up his mind as to what he wanted but a few days later I asked to meet again cause I felt bad on how things ended.. We ended things in better terms but he kept sending me mixed messages. After that I texted him that I hate how he keeps confusing me with the mixed messages and he said he's confused himself and that's he's indecisive. so I told him that honestly I still like him a lot and I still want to be with him even if he doesn't want to commit to me.

• Well I feel like he made me insecure cause I'm usually not an insecure person at all... I'm not even the type to get jealous but this guy just kept confusing me

• No one can make you insecure unless you are receptive and allow it to happen. Taking responsibility for your feelings is necessary before you can do anything to change them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe not the best idea to just send that and tell him not to respond! Now you have to wait and wonder what is going on. Did you talk to you at all? If not, who knows what is going on. Maybe send another text now since it has been a week, you gave him time and just ask if he had time to think about it and what he thinks.

What Guys Said 2

• long ass dating if you ask me. 4 months? what happen?

"get back together" you guys were what? boyfriend and gf?

why you guys broke up then? explain

how did you ask him to get back together? explain

• Thanks for elaborating.

I think you should move on. If after dating that long he is not showing interest, he is not going to commit to you.

Try to forget about him

• no answer is a no

What Girls Said 1

• My guess is he's not interested.