I like a guy but he is into drugs, should I date him?

Ok so, I've been talking to this guy a lot lately. Disclaimer, I'm not 100% sure we both have feelings for each other but I want to get everybody's opinion before I try pursuing this relationship (for lack of better term) or if I should keep things platonic. He does drugs, not a lot but recreationally. He also drinks, which I'm fine with but I don't do and will never do drugs. Am I asking for trouble? Especially since I'm not into drugs at all? They don't bother me but is it inevitable that I would probably get into them if I dated someone who did drugs often? I am just trying to figure out whether I should get my hopes up for this "relationship" or if I should keep things friendly. Thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• Alcohol is a drug... Plenty of drug users are decent people. It's generally the ones hooked on coke/crack, meth, or heroine that become a problem eventually. At your age though, a lot of people experiment with drugs and grow out of it as they grow older.

• That is true, but honestly I'm not even sure what kind of drugs they are! Like I can't name them, which scares me because it makes me think they're the more "intense" type of drugs.

• Thank you! I guess I'll just try and figure out what other stuff there is, and then figure out how addicted he is. It's hard shaking that feeling that "I can save him blah blah blah"

• You can save anyone, but like I said most people your age experiment with this or that and then move on with life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm, i think the 'safe' option would be to keep things platonic, he seems to have a different lifestyle as you, which can work out, but from experience i know it can get hard in the long run. I'm sure there are a lot of nice people out there, who have a similar style of living as you

• Yeah I think it's also just that I've never had a boyfriend before and finally a guy is showing me attention, even if it's a guy like this. But I'll most likely end up keeping things platonic

What Guys Said 12

• Ok look i just have one thing to say, please dont come back few months from now saying all guys are assholes and you have been deeply hurt your ex who you truly loved and liked...

falling for a charming, good looking and great guy who turns out to be an asshole who abused you is understandable, but pursing a drug addict who is the way you described is just plain dumb.

• depends what drugs, how often and how long he's done them for.
    If it's harder drugs, or he's been doing them regularly for a long time, probably not he kind of guy you want to get involved with
    if it's a recent thing or weaker drugs like weed, might just be curiosity, and you could probs convince him to stop.

• anything is ok in moderation. however, I haven't met many people who r capable of exercising the philosophy.

which drugs?

• usually when someone refers to "drugs" explicitly its coke or meth. monthly come binge on Sunday is acceptable. meth is unacceptable regardless of the circumstances.

• You dislike drugs because you know they are bad yet you wanna still try to date this loser...

Seriously, your better off.

• The only thing someone can do in their life that is a deal breaker for me besides smoking is drugs, so not only no but hell no.

• No. Nobody should. People who abuse drugs need to get help before they are date-able.

• i passed by this situation before so i would like to ask u some questions and tell u something to take care of it if happened , so iam willing to help if ure interested

• Yeah I would

• ur both losers

• haha how am i a loser

• you women have really poor taste in men, don't you?

• I mean he's a great guy, I just am not sure how big of a deal this should be. I've never had a boyfriend before either so this is all kind of new to me

• He sounds like a keeper... Not

• Those who do recreational drugs generally go no where in life... Recommendation, stay away from him.

What Girls Said 7

• For your own good... Never date a guy that does drugs.. like EVER.

• I couldn't date someone that does drugs.

• I wouldn't. I'm against it.

• Well you should pursue the relationship if you really like this guy but if he's the type of guy to pressure u into doing stuff you dont particularly want to do i would stay clear of him.

• Nope, don't date him.

• I just...

No. Why the flying **** would you do that? That's going to lead to so many problems you will regret when you're older...

No, of course not. That's just a stupid idea. If you have any common sense you'll stay far away.

• do you even need to ask that?