How to know if she likes me or just friends?

Im in sort of a complicated situation. So there's this girl I've liked for a while she's the sister of a friend. Anyway we'd only met a couple times because my friend and i go to one college and she goes to one 3 hours away but i stayed at his house the past couple days. (i know long distance and a sister of a friend not a great place to start) but anyway i had noticed her looks before but this time we really ended up bonding to the point where i ended up hanging almost exclusivley with her but she's very conservative and sweet and we were in front of her parents the whole time so no physical signs of attraction were gonna happen. Anyway while we were chatting she reccomended that if i were to ask a girl out it should be to brunch (for various silly reasons) which i found very dishearting because if she reciprocated why would she be encouraging me to seek other women.(probably over thinking) anyway i ended up sending her a message after i left telling her id be in her neck of the woods again next week and that i could use some company over brunch (hopefully implying that i was asking her out given that she said it was the best way) she responded with Heck Yeah! Basically its the classic friendzone connundrum. What is the best way to find out how she feels while on the date. Obviously im gonna pay for her meal to set the tone but other than straight up asking her "is this a date" what can i do

What Girls Said 1

• Be flirty towards her during the date. Also, if it feels right, try kissing her when the date is over.

What Guys Said 1

• dick around with her. if doesn't have plans for the rest of the day, see if she wants to spend the rest of the day with you and make your move from there