Would it be weird to message a girl about school?

I was wondering if it is weird to message a girl that says hi whenever we walk by and have talked a few times about what class she is taking? Would that be a good start?

It would be nice if I got opinions from girls preferably.
So here's what progressed. I asked her if she was taking the class, she said no she wasn't and asked why. I told her that it was because I remember her talking about taking the class and she has not taken it yet. She replied the next day with "Sorry!" Then i replied, "No worries! Have you taken your finals yet?". She then replied a day later with "Yeah yesterday". What do you guys think about the current situation?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, there is nothing weird about that.

Most Helpful Guy

• send the message and quit thinkin' about it.

What Girls Said 1

• Nahh not really weird in my opinion. Lol this 2016 where everyone messages each other even after meeting once they message a lot to each other. Besides messaging them can help u get to communicate easier and get to know them more.

What Guys Said 1

• "Hey. i was just wondering what classes you're taking?"