Would you want to know?

My boyfriend knows I've struggled with self harm and I'm very self concious, and I have trouble at home sometimes with getting along with my family, and i tell him all of this but, lately I've been feeling very sad and depressed, And I wanna tell him and talk with him cause he always makes it better, but I'm afraid he's gonna think im just asking for pity or think I'm annoying and he's never been like that. Would you want your girlfriend to tell you?

Most Helpful Guy

• If my girl was going through this, I would want to know so that I could do everything in my power to comfort her and make her feel like the most special girl in the world, and tell her everything is gonna be alright. But if you tell him, make sure to clarify wether you're looking to him for help or just for comfort, because he might try to solve your problems or "fix" you to make you better, and if that's not what you want or need, it could lead to problems between you. Good luck, hope everything turns out ok :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• If my girlfriend can't confide in me about her inner most feelings, than what type of relationship and what type of boyfriend would I be? It is hard on the other person being with someone they care about that is dealing with depression and inner problems. The reason is we have a hard time understanding because we aren't going through the same thing and have no clue what it would be like really. Also, we feel pretty helpless in that we can't really take the pain away from you. So we try our best to make you feel better or try and help you cope with whatever you are feeling the best we can. We can only empathize and care and try to understand. So it kind of gets us down a bit that we can't do more. But, we still want to know if you are hurting or not or then we don't know anything. That's worse if you ask me.

• Sure I will

• Absolutely, 100%, without a doubt, yes! I'd want to help because I'd want to be there for her.

• If you need an ear feel free to give a follow and I'm happy to talk.

• Thank you (:

• Tell him he makes everything better, and that you really need him and he comforts you

• I don't know how old you are since all it says is below 18 but if you need someone around your age I gotchu 😜 you can talk to me pretty much anytime

• Haha thanks, I'm 15 too. Almost 16 soon, but thanks for your advice by the way

• Anytime! I'm happy to help :)

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should be open to mention it to him. However, make it as less dramatic as possible.