When is it ok for a single mom take her kid on a date?

Updates:
It was my suggestion because she can't make arrangements for the kid

0|0
5|3

Most Helpful Girl

• That's bloody freaking weird.

0|0
    0|0
    • It was my recommendation that she take her kid was this a bad idea?

• Assuming this is someone you're newly dating (<2 months) then yes, it's a very bad idea. It's not in the best interest of the kid to be introduced to someone who at this point is uncertain to be a fixture in their life. Introducing your kid to a partner is something that should be seriously considered and not done lightly or because it makes it more convenient to go on a date. Both of you should be waiting until you've determine that the relationship has a more long term future being even thinking about introducing you to the kid.

What Girls Said 4

• When it's become a very close, committed relationship and you start doing things as a family rather than a couple. Bringing a kid along beforehand is weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • How about not dating single mom. But if you must than be ready to have them look angry or judge you or having to take on the father role!

0|0
    0|0
  • When she doesn't have a nanny XD

0|1
    0|0
  • Just dinner; okay. In a romantic way? Not okay.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• When your relationship is stable and likely to last you can go out as a family.

0|0
    0|0
  • How old is the kid?

0|0
    0|0
    • 10 years old

• How is this relevant

• Ehm nah man.. It is a bit too old to not understand and a bit too young to understand. At that age he/she won't like mommy to be on a date with another guy. Is there no way, ti have a date without the kid?

• I'd have no problems with it.

0|0
    0|0