Am I being played? Why won't he make it official?

I've been talking to this guy for a little over six months now. At first he was wildly pursing me, saying things like "you're going to be mine one day," "I see you in my future," "you're my type," "I shouldn't tell you this, but you're the girl that I want," etc. I tried to break it off once because he just seems like the player type and he reassured me and told me if I let down my guard a little I wouldn't be disappointed. I just got out of a long term relationship about seven months ago and didn't want to rush things. He understood completely and said he was willing to be patient, and I'm too great of a girl not to.

Only problem is, I'm falling for him so hard and I didn't want to this soon. About two months ago I told him I think I'm ready to date him and he didn't believe me, and said I was 'joking' with him. We talk everyday, and live a hour away from eachother to still manage to see eachother at least once a week since we both have busy schedules. So, if he was so adamant about dating me to begin with.. why didn't/hasn't he jumped at the chance to make it official yet? Maybe I'm being impatient, but I don't want to get hurt or played.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, he was saying those things because he was pursuing you. Sometimes guys will say a lot of things. I am not saying it was all BS but I have learned to take what guys say with a grain of salt. Once guys get the girl they want it is always a different story and the chase is over. He has been dating you awhile though so he may just need a little longer. But don't count so much on what guys say especially when pursuing you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Oh lordt girl he is playing you.

When you told him how you felt 2 months ago, he knew it then. he just played it off because thats not what he wanted.

he is wasting your time. he just wants to keep you around without actually comitting to you. he is a player, focus on ACTIONS not WORDS. any guy can tell you whatever you want to hear, but if he is not actually showing he wants to be your boyfriend by actually being your boyfriend, then what is he doing besides lying? get you a real man, u deserve better

• Your begin played!