Kids who grow up conservative?

I grew up in a very strict home, I wasn't allowed to do much during childhood and puberty. My mother was controlling strict and uptight, I feel lost as an adult now... I am 23 amd never had a stable enviroment... how can i become stable?

Most Helpful Guy

• In the most technical sense, a controlled, strict environment IS a stable environment.
    Just because you did not enjoy it does not mean it was not stable.

How can you become stable now? While they may have been overly strict and harsh on some things, your parents raised you the way they did because they believed in what was being taught to you. So, while you should feel free to loosen up and discover how you wish to live your own life, rather than cast everything they taught you aside and trying to figure out what to do next, I suggest you use what they taught you to develop a stable base from which you can advance from.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in the same boat as you. I still live with my parents though and will be graduating soon. My parents were conservative as well my dad not so much but my mother was very controlling, and overprotective of me. When I get older I don't want to be lost in life.

What Guys Said 5

• By creating one for yourself. Move out get an apartment try looking for a date. Do things that you want to do now that your on your own. Some people find driving on the open road great. I simply find it to stressful however I have other ways to have fun like hanging with my trustworthy church mates. We have known each other long enough to know that we won't ever betray or purposely hurt one another. Sure we had to weed out the toxic people but after that we created a safe stable envoirment to just hangout and have fun with each other in. Now my favorite days are when we meet to do things or go somewhere.

• I think you're looking for something that doesn't truly exist. You can get a more stable life but not an actually stable one. But one way to help is finding the right guy. A couple can provide companionship for each other and take on each other's challenges and problems together. Which provides much more stability. But if you wanna wake up and not worry about things changing your ability to live, you won't find it

• I grew up way conservative in farmland USA. I love my parents, but I hated not being on my own. I moved out at 19, i've lived far away just because my profession is a big-city kinda profession. And my uni was far away too. It'd be nice to visit more often but being on my own has been, liberating to say the least.

• Your parents did not raised you right. They failed as parents. They kept you on a leash and not let you explored your options. This is what you can do. Move far away from them and create a new better life.

• i feel like its too late, i am already 24 in a month and im already behind from most people... i never even had a boyfriend, only flings and dates

• It's never too late and be who you want to be

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• Now you know that you do not want to be like your parents. That's good. If you want kids someday, you know your parents way failed. There are other ways. I have two daughters. I let them tried new things to help them in life. I never been strict, because being strict would only hold them back from realizing their potential that they have. .

• I think that it's a stereotype that kids who grow up conservative are wild or lost
    You are an adult, you make your own decisions

• You probably felt suffocated.

For me, growing up with conservative parents was the best. They were never controlling and uptight so they never gave me a reason to rebel.