How do I stop having feelings for a girl?

Not anything bad but I liked this girl for 8 months , talked about her for a long time. How do I erase these feelings? I don't want them anymore. I just have no chance, and too late to even do so. I'm not her Type, she probably doesn't feel the same way, and she probably is better off without my feelings. She didn't do anything but I just want my feelings gone because I have no chance. And I usually take risk on girls (54 times rejected;never had a girlfriend) but this girl is different. It would be immediate rejection, there is and probably no way around this. I like an extremely popular girl and I'm a literally unnoticeable guy. She's social, and I'm not because of making mistakes. And I know what some will say. Ask her out, and if she says no, move on. I know that all to well, but with this girl I can't ask her out because of factors I have.

I'm extremely not physical attractive, I'm not use to sexually feelings (I just act friendly instead, don't wanna be rude and perverted), and our personalities are not close. I ultimately think I'm not her type, and she probably won't show interest.

Just how do I make it go away?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know it seems hard but the only way is to some how find the courage and tell her that you like her. I know it's hard but it's the only way to get over someone. you can do it!

Most Helpful Guy

• Those factors are irreverent really, like whats the worst that happens she says no? Better than feeling like shit for 8 months being hung up on one girl isn't it?
    Most people are seen as unattractive because they think they view themselves poorly. If you just don't be so pessimistic and give it a go you never know what will happen.

That being said unless you are told definitively from the girl she doesn't like you, she does something to turn you off or you get another love interest the feelings won't go away so just suck it up and deal with it :P

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• First of all, you need to confess, even if the answer is no, because if you don't you'd still think at the back of your mind the "what if.." thing.
    Next, after getting rejected, life a happy ever after, you're still 18-24 , plenty of life left ahead, work on yourself, stick to priorities. Girls will come and go.

• Hate to break it to you buddy, but part of your woes come back to what you're chasing. Work out, improve your mind and your body, etc. Then understand that, in all reality, you don't want the super popular chicks anyways. 54 times rejected? Kudos for your persistence but you need to chase after somebody that's closer to your type.

Bury yourself in work or a hobby when trying to forget a woman. Works for me.