Do some guys just look intimidating? Or look like "mean" guys?

So, I've encountered this quite a few times where my friends have told me that girls are actually intimated by how I look. I do admit that I don't look very friendly because I have a beard, semi long hair and have a unfriendly looking resting face. This has made me think that this could be why I have terrible luck with women, and i was wondering is it really the main reason? Although i look scraggly, I'm a nice guy: i do community service, help the elderly, donate to the homeless shelter, and try to help everyone i can. So I'm just curious if appearance really does impact people's opinion of someone, and if so how can I become more approachable and look how i act?

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, that can happen.

What Guys Said 2

• If you just dress nice, smile a lot and seem to enjoy yourself people will see you as more friendly and less intimidating. Once people get to know you if you are a good guy the first impressions will go away anyway so it doesn't really matter that much.

• Yeah a lot of it has to do with your brow ridge and eye brow shape. Also the size of your mouth and shape of your eyes.