Would it be wrong if I was talking to my ex's best friend?

I was dating his best friend for 2 1\2 years. We had a child together, but before he was born, we broke up.

Now his best friend is starting to get really, really friendly with me. He's nice, but I have been keeping him in the friend zone because I don't want this to be taken as "haha, ex-boyfriend, look who I got now?" You know?

So, it's been a year since we broke up, and my ex doesn't even seem to care anymore about the baby or me. So should I leave the guy be, or go for it anyway?

• Yes, it will cause more problems.
  • No, screw what your ex thinks.
  • I don't care... Happy Mother's Day, though.

Most Helpful Guy

• No don't. That IS drama waiting to happen even if your ex acts indifferent. Seriously all the men in the universe and you want to go with the one who's friends with your old guy?

Most Helpful Girl

• don't get involved. it's only worth it if the guy is something really special and you're super compatible. otherwise just date someone from a different circle. honestly it isn't worth it, will just stir up old emotions and cause drama

What Guys Said 3

What Girls Said 7

• Honestly, I think my situation may be werider. I'm still talking to my best friend's ex. They just recently broke up, but he was a nice guy and we're working together on a video game I'm making. She doesn't know. But yeah.

Anyway. Regarding exes and their friends, I still talk to my exes and we're pretty good friends as it is. So it doesn't really matter if I talk to their friends.

• No, screw what your ex thinks.

• I mean it's not really your concern, it'd probably ruin their friendship but since he's your ex, it's not your problem. Ask him if he's up for possibly ruining their friendship.

• You don't care about your child do you? You get into any situation because you are a needy person. Hells bells full speed ahead. I will give you the dignity of carrying this conversation any further

• It might be one of those unspoken rules not to cross, but its not totally wrong.. just be cautious and expect some backlash haha

• Yes, he can cause problem for their friendship.

• That could complicate things. I mean its his boyfriend. Depends if you are up to dramas...