Is it OK to not be friends with a girl that rejected me?

I liked this girl a long time, even waited for months to ask her out. I'm a sweet guy that has great intentions. One of them I never want to get in a girls pants (heck I do not ever look at a girls body or do intimacy. Just being will help probably). Well when I did ask her our, I was extremely vulnerable and let my heart open. But when she said no, my heart felt like getting cut open with a very hot nice.
Even though we are really good friends, I didn't wanna cry or get angry. I just walked away holding my feelings in. It was then she came to talked to me to say we can still be friends and help each other out. But I told her," I can't be friends with you. I liked you for 8 months and even talked about you a lot which I didn't mean to. I can't be friends with you because it hurts. I got rejected before and I was fine. But with you it hurts, and I'm crying. I can't take unrequited love. It hurts. Just leave me alone and let me cry. And for goodness sakes, don't feel bad. I just can't take it." After that happen, she looked at me and asked are you sure? I didn't answer as I was crying. Was it a good idea to do this? It was all true, and I cried for a lone time, even when I got home. I just couldn't take it.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's fine, there's nothing wrong with it

What Girls Said 3

• Duh, i mean why would anyone want to be around someone that clearly thinks you aren't good enough to date..

• Yes, it's fine. If it hurts you to be friends with her, don't do it.

• Yes. It's very difficult and hard to be friends with someone you fell for

What Guys Said 0