Girls, would these goals make me more attractive if I can man up and follow through?

I've been getting told that I'm ugly a LOT. Like nobody will even talk to me, period. And instead of being a baby about it, I've decided to change it.

As of now, I'm 5 foot five and weigh about 170 (rough estimate... scales disturb me)... which is absolutely revolting in my eyes. I have taken up running when I have time off from college and work... my goal is to lose the 70 pounds and get back to one hundred-ish where I was at in high school. Getting under that would be ideal, but I am not going to demand it out of myself since 70 pounds alone is a lot. Of course, that is not going to be easy without the use of weight loss supplements or ipecac syrup (induces vomiting, definitely not a smart way to go... if it didn't cause heart failure I'd be all for it lol). I won't even put myself back out on the market until I reach at least 130 pounds in terms of dating.

Do you think this will help me be more worthy of finding someone? Not looking for a spiel about how I shouldn't change for anyone... the fact of the matter is that this generation's dating patterns are pretty much based on looks and social status. I figure if I lose all this weight, maybe get tattoos and hopefully a better job over the summer... maybe someone will look my way. I'm a closet hopeless romantic, so I know I'd be able to treat someone right now... and I know not to lose sight of my inner self in making myself a man on the outside. I couldn't live with myself if I became some sort of egotistical nutcase. I just know that being chubby is not acceptable these days if you're male- and there's not much I can do about that but shed it all off.

3

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know where you got 100lb from but it's incredibly underweight for 5'5! I'm 5'1 and 100lb is underweight for me. You should be aiming for 120-140lb. Talk to your doctor about your weight and ask for tips on losing it in a heatthy way!

• * healthy

• A little bit but not by much... was growth hormone deficient so I'd say I hit five foot five around junior year after the steroids. Pathetic. But whatever. I can't fix my height as much as I would like to be 5 foot 9 or 6 foot.

• When you have a growth spurt it's common and normal to be underweight because your body is focusing on getting taller not storing fat but when you stop growing you need to maintain a healthy weight

• Nopppe! there's no such rules!

• Then how come when I was at that weight in high school everyone thought I was attractive and now that I put on weight I'm this ugly piece of garbage that everyone wants to drop dead?

• In all honesty girls go more for looks now... noticing that more and more. And people agree with me on it. So it can't just be me lol.

• Well I know if you can get my emotions going crazy and make me feel good anything possible!

• I totally see where you're coming from and I understand why you'd want to change. Last year I was 5'5 and weighed 160. It's just as hard to be a chubby girl. Chubby girls and chubby guys are all in the same boat. You're not skinny enough to be called skinny, but not fat enough to be called fat. The choice to lose weight is yours and yours alone. I know it probably seems pretty lonely because we live in a world where all the famous and attractive people have flat stomachs, abs, and stuff like that. It probably hurts a lot. I've been there before. Over the summer I somehow managed to drop down from 160 to 140lbs. I started biking over the summer like everyday just because I liked doing it when I went to my Doctors appointment at the end of the summer they told me I had lost a lot of weight. Things didn't really change much. People who liked me at 160 still liked me the same at 140 and people who didn't like me at 160 still don't like me. Losing weight doesn't necessarily make you better looking or make people like you more. It doesn't even make you like yourself more. Even after losing 20 lbs all my insecurities were still there, and now I'm even more afraid of putting the weight back on. So if you want to lose weight, then do it. Don't do it because you expect people to find you more attractive.