Do guys like tomboys?

So I've been a tomboy all my life and I'm just wondering if a lot of guys like girls who are basically interested in what they are? Just wondering because many guys I know seem to like girls who are "girly" better. Do tomboys intimidate guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• I like tom boys and do appreciate it when they dress girly from time to time, tomboys are good at bonding with men generally, where as most girly girls do not, in the sense that tomboys will work with a man, and then they can connect after the work is done, where as girly girls tend to sit back let the guy do the work then try to connect with him. Each type plays their roles, and it's subjective of guys to which they prefer.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• I've been married over 38 years and my wife does have "tomboy" traits. The bonus is that she loves cars almost as much as me... so that lets me collect classic cars without asking for permission. She understands when I buy tools. Just because they might be a "tomboy" doesn't mean they can't be as pretty as those that are not.

• I dont think most of the people here dont know what a tomboy is... its a girl who acts like a guy, short hair, dresses like a guy in loose unfiting clothes, hangs out with guys and rarely uses makeup and stuff girls use on daily basis , can you connect more with her? I don't know but i dont think so i already have friends i dont need girls who are friends it defeats the purpose of meeting girls.

No i am not into tomboys theyre not attractive , and calling them low maintainance or expecting a better connection is not really great , she is low maintainance cause she doesn't care about being a girl and you can be a girly girl and spend little money.

• I totally respect your preference, but I guess it is important for me to say that there are so many different degrees of tomboys. I completely get that you don't want your girl looking like a guy bc the whole point is that you are interested in girls. I think people just don't always understand tomboys because the only thing you described above that is accurate to me is that I never wear makeup. I know I'm only one type of tomboy but anything a guy likes I probably like too but naturally bc I'm a girl I'm still gonna want to be cute but in a casual or athletic way. Oh and I also have really long hair! Thanks for your input!!

• then how are you area tomboy?

• To me their are 3 main types of tomboys. Girls like me , girls who wear baggy clothes and have short hair like you said but still are interested in guys, and then theirs girls that's are more extreme then that and are lesbian. Some people can fall in between.
      Reasons I'm a tomboy...
      I asked for a tool box when I was 5 while my sister's asked for dolls. When I was little I was obsessed with toy Story and buzz lighter while my sister's wore princess dresses. I played football when I was young and wanted to wrestle , but my dad wouldn't let me. I love playing all kinds of sports. I had all guy friends growing up.
      I'm going to college for mechanical engineering.
      Etc.
      I think your just stuck on the acting like a boy part. As much as I love the things guys like, I don't act like a guy I just relate to guys.
      I'm just a goofy girl who hates drama and the color pink. And I prefer to wear jeans and tshirts with a great pair of vans instead of leggings and sweaters. I also LOVE video games!

• Not at all. I think it's nice if you like the things that we do. There is a possibility that some guys may wonder if "you can clean up nice for a date".

• I will put it this way. Guys like tomboys that like to be girly from time to time. At least that's how I feel

• That's makes sense. Best of both worlds! Thanks

• Yeah I like it when she doesn't mind going outside and getting muddy, or adrenaline pumping activities. But can also get dolled up and stuff

• I'm in love with a bit of a tom boy. She doesn't feel the pressure to wear make up every day, so goofs around a lot. To me though... prettiest girl in the world.

• sure i've got no problem with tomboys. Often their more adventurous and engaging to talk to as well, which is always good

• They don`t intimidate me, at least no more than any other type of girl. Yeah I like tomboys.

• I've never been attracted to tomboys
    Just feminine, confident girly girls

• yea I love tomboys just as long as they are good tomboys!

there has been a lot of tomboy women who have turned me on a lot in the past. I know one of them was definitely Lita from WWE

vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

• I love tomboys, particularly when they do something girly for me.

• sure as long as they are fem

• No. Time to grow up and be a woman. Guys like women that are feminine, they already have guy friends. Why are you so confused?

• Do you like sports sir?

• You made silly assumptions first that I can't get a guy. You were the only person who commented like an asshole on my question. Do you realize that you are the only one I'm fighting with? And I'm not lashing out because , again, you are the only one I need to yell at. I asked the question. Received many truths plus your bitchy ass comment. Notice how I didn't argue with any of the men who said they like girly women better or only. I don't care who likes what type of person! I wanted to know numbers! How incompetent are you?(that is a rhetorical question). And what is your problem with women especially young women? If I was a guy this conversation would be much shorter simply because you wouldn't be able to make any sexist comments. Those seem to be your only comebacks. Your opinion is worthless because you are so biased.

• More cheese please.
      Your opinions have no bearing on me. IDGAF.
      Get used to being nexted.

• Yeah, I was seriously in love with a woman who did all kind of guy stuff. The sex was great too.

• only if u wear actual panties

• No, I like 'em.

• It depends on how much of a tomboy you actually are.
    If you wear basketball type shorts and a white t, then Ewww.

• Tomboys are ok by me.

• No. HELL TO THE NO. Tomboys are the best!! It's not every day you can find a girl that can be your best friend AND even date you (if you mean "like" like that). Either way there's nothing wrong with it. It's all about personal preference. I alternate frequently between being a civilian cultured gentleman to a tough military man. That being said, I like both girly girls and tomboys. You may be surprised how many others do.

• Tomboys, do and don't intimidate men at the same time. When it comes to any type of woman it's honestly personal preference. Some prefer delicate flowers whereas others like hearty women. Some men find it unappealing that women do what they consider "manly" activities, and as a result are intimidated by tomboy women. Others absolutely love it. I personally don't mind either way, but I do like someone that is independent, and not someone I have to wait on hand and foot. I'm a fan of doing things together rather than one doing something for the other and vice verses. Generally it's personal preference as I said. Either way good luck.

What Girls Said 1

• I am a half tomboy, and I am patiently waiting for the comments. *gets popcorn*