Is being Arab a turn off to girls?

and does where you live also have an effect?

I live in the South by the way

Most Helpful Girl

• Only due to the experiences I've had with them. Personally I find arabs incredibly good looking but those I've met come across as so controlling and quite clingy if you ask me... And that is even if you aren't even dating as well. Just noticed a pattern, and my friends have noticed the same, and its specifically arabs that happen to be like that most of the time. So yeah they are sadly a turn off to some extent.

I live in the UK, quite a lot of arabic people here.

• I live in the US born and raised

• Hasn't made much of a difference to me if they were born and raised elsewhere. I know arabs born and raised in France, still the same, Algerian, Syrian, Moroccan, Saudi born and raised, same, US born and raised, same behaviour, and same behaviour with UK born and raised. I guess a controlling man is just a common thing in arabic culture in general, which is no surprise really.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• Not at all. My boyfriend is Egyptian (Arab) in with ethnicity, he grew up here in the United States though (no accent or "cultural" differences as obstacles). I find his dark features VERY attractive. I will say though that I WOULDN'T want to date an Arab guy that followed middle eastern customs or was a hardcore Muslim. But that has nothing to do with his looks, just too much of a difference in basic outlooks. Oh, and I live in the Midwest.

• Well I am less attractive to arab maybe because different customs!

• Can be, if being arabic means beng controlling

But, a normal, regular, non-stereotypical arab guy, can be quite attractive to girls as well

Personality is what counts and, at the end of the day, prejudices are just prejudices.

• yea. but not because of they way they look. it's they way they act that's a turn off for me.

• Not me.. I love them all.

• there's barely any arabs where i live, i had an egyptian friend in high school but thats it..

• No it's not (to me)

• i love arabs! definitely no, i learned arabic for a reason LOL

• Yes it is a turn off for me. I live in northern Europe.

What Guys Said 3

• Are you controlling? There's a stereotype for that. No idea if it's a justifiable stereotype or not. But ya tons of girls would be into dating Arab guys i think.

• Nah not at all plus there are hardly any Arabs where i live.

• In the sense of Islamic in the USA, it very well could be. The best ladies man I ever knew, however, was of Lebanese Christian heritage.

• Yeah because they're Muslims. Non Muslim girls generally don't like Muslim guys.