Why do some people act like it's a crime when a person would rather get their life together first before dating?

I'm unemployed and I have been in and out of therapy. But I feel like some people just assume that people who don't want relationships are afraid of love when that is not true

Yes I get pursued by men but that does not mean I'm supposed to latch onto any man that gives me attention

And I don't lead men on

Most Helpful Guy

• Good on you! There are some guys that are codependent as all hell.

I hope everything works out for you!

• It's annoying when people think one is running away from love as if I suddenly become Invisible just because I'm focused on myself

• This should not be a measuring contest, haha!

• I don't get horny he way most people do. I think if I have to I can go without sex. Even if I get into a relationship I probably won't feel like having sex

Most Helpful Girl

• Good for you! Lol having your shit together makes you even more of a catch so I see no issue with that whatsoever.

What Guys Said 1

• yeah.. get yourself together before dating

• And even when I get in a relationship I feel like I should wait to have sex for 6 months to make sure he is not using me

• The only problem is, if the guy doesn't have sex in a time frame he expects, then he will dump you, or cheat.

• Well I want to wait that way I know he's not using me

What Girls Said 0