Is it true that most women are more selective and judgmental than men?

I have found that I am attracted to a larger variety of women the older I get. I am now beginning to find women in their mid to late 20s attractive, where I didn't before. I am also beginning to like thicker women now too.

Although, I do set my standards high on who I invest my feelings towards. I am seeking a girl who has never had her first love/boyfriend. But in terms of physical attraction, I have broadened my tastes significantly.

I have heard something on the lines of women liking only 20% of the male population. I don't know if that is true or not.

• Yes
  • No
  • Skip to see results

Most Helpful Girl

• Lmao 20% sounds way too high.
    I like about 0,02% at best.

• The theory is that 80% of the female population are attracted to only 20% of the males who they consider as top status or superior. I think 20% is also very high.

• "It's the same with a dude who hits the gym regularly, is toned and wants a fit girlfriend."
      But rich guys or guys with high paying jobs don't expect rich girls or girls with high paying jobs in such high numbers. A great amount of these guys usually don't even care how much money the girl makes. Even though we're now living in 2016 where women aren't being forced to stay in a kitchen still. There are wayyyy more rich girls or well paid girls who expect rich guys or well paid guys than rich guys or well paid guys expecting rich or well paid girls. It's not even a comparison.

• I'm arguing and disagreeing because you're saying things that aren't even true. You might believe in it but I don't. I need actual evidence like sources or need to witness it with my very own eyes in large numbers for me to believe it. Especially when a lot of girls say they like this in guys or that in guys yet their actions happen to be completely different than their words.

Most Helpful Guy

• For who to sleep with, I think women are much more judgmental, but as for relationships, men are. Men will hit anything that moves while women definitely have stricter dealbreakers. As for relationships though, I find women are a lot more forgiving if she really enjoys the guys company, while guys really have to find that special someone to pull the trigger and give up the rest of the forest.

What Girls Said 14

• I can't say who is more judgmental , but I'm definitely selective. It's unwise not to be , because I don't want to just date any guy and end up in an unhappy relationship. I'd rather be single than just settle for anyone

• Skip to see results

• Some women certainly. But there are many sweet women out there.
    I've heard of the 20% thing too. I mean I can see how that would be but if you think about it men aren't much different. All humans admire the top % of physical attractiveness. Whether you can obtain those types of people are two different things.

• This is a matter of perspective.

• i really dunno but i agree to say hat women are real bitches sometimes hahah but personaly i am attracted to all sort of males and ever older ones so i dunno maybe it's about perspective too

• When it comes to first glances, I'd say yeah, only about 20% are attractive. However, if a guy approaches me and I like his personality, it makes him suddenly attractive to me. If I thought the guy was ugly before then no, he's not gonna become hot, but if he was an average guy and we had a great convo, I'd be really excited to get to know him better. MOST of the guys that approach me I end up enjoying the conversation.

• I am not so selective when it comes to looks, but I am when it comes to his personality and the way he treats me.

• I have been rejected by nearly all women I have encountered and asked out. That in itself is an indicator.

• Perhaps you are approaching the wrong women or using the wrong approach. I can only tell you how I feel. I cannot speak for all women and for me, I am more selective when it comes to personality and less about looks.

• "Although I do set my standards high"

Then why are you complaining if women do it too? We all have standards, dont complain if you don't fit someone's.

• Well, old men are usually the only ones to stare at me. I thinks its normal for men to have their standards utterly diminished as they reach old age.

• Oh yeah!!! that is very, very, very true

• For casual sex maybe but relationships not so much.

• No. Stfu

• Lol no not true

• Men are way more selective when it comes to looks. However, most of them don't care that much about the girl's personality even though they claim they do.

• Unless money is a factor, women are definitely more selective when it comes to looks. When it comes to height, women are more selective. When it comes to money, women are more selective. When it comes to body, women are more selective. When it comes to race and skin color, women are more selective. 80% of the women in the society happen to be attracted to just 20% of the men.

• Yeah, that's why many of my not-so-attractive male friends who have no money date women who are pretty attractive. It's not because of their great-sense of humor or the fact that they actually approach them. Sure...
      @myusernamerules

• Hahaha. Where do you live? Or are they imaginary friends? By the way, 80% of the women only find 20% of the men to be attractive. Since women are so shallow, they find a lot of guys who don't look bad to be ugly anyways. Maybe that might also be in your case when it comes to your male friends. Not to mention your male friends might still be either tall or buff.

What Guys Said 7

• I think both are judgmental, however I tend to make judgement calls based on my selective criteria. I prefer genuine people and don't settle for anything less.

• Yes- I get called ugly on here a lot for starters. I also noticed that on this poll asking if they would date an overweight man, the vast majority said no. This is why I stopped dating. The judgmental bullshit has gotten to be far too much for me to want to bother with them anymore.

• Will you see a handsome guy date an overweight girl? Yes.
    Will you see a beautiful girl date an overweight guy? Hell no.

• women are much much more picky.

• Yes, I have been learning that the hard way.

Out of a rough estimate of about 10 women, 9 out of 10 of them have rejected me. One out of 9 women that did like me were hideously unnatractive.

• yes they are

• Lol yeah. I gave up on dating cause their shallowness was too overwhelming for me.

• I am more judgmental thank most women!

And people.

...

I also like toying with mortals.