Shall I start dating someone else, if I still have feelings for my ex?

its been a few months, but there is still some feeling there for my ex. I met someone else, he's a total gentleman, but would it be fair on him if I started dating him if I still have feelings for my ex?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, if only dating
    otherwise you might get stuck in that ex-cycle... more than you know marry-divorce-marry-divorce same person and can't break loose.
    Dating gives opportunities to experience a potential better fit, free of the problems past, revelation that all things DON'T have to be stressful.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I'm in the situation where I did decide to get into a new relationship despite feelings for the ex. I think I'm probably not the best person to answer it, but It's my belief I guess that if you really cannot stand to not be with this amazing guy, perhaps it will work out. It will take time, but eventually you will move on and forget all about your ex as you get to know this guy more and your feelings have a chance to grow. It does feel a bit unfair to him, but I've been up front about it from day one how early it is for me and I feel like my relationship will work out and I have just cut off contact with my ex and try to not mention him around the new boyfriend. Follow your heart and good luck! xx

What Guys Said 6

• An ex is an ex for a reason so if you still have feelings for him you should be open with the guy you're dating to be fair to him. Good luck 😊

• Nope one should never date someone else while they have feelings for another because eventually it starts to mindfuck you.

• no. heal and get past the x emotionally. get counseling if you need it. it means you are a rebound girl and that isn' fair to the other person. as well, you can end up further entangling your emotions if the new one goes wrong.

• No, wait till you are completely over your ex. Rebounds are never good.

• No.. do not. Until he is totally out of your mind, do not date someone else

• That's up to you.

What Girls Said 2

• Is there any chance at all of you getting back with your ex? I don't see any harm in you dating him as long as you won't go back to your ex. This new guy could be the one to make you completely forget about your ex altogether.

• I don't know if we'd be getting back together. He's got a girlfriend now, and though people say she's a rebound, I'm not a home wrecker. I don't really intend on waiting either cause that may just give me false hope

• Ya if I were you, I wouldn't wait around for him either. I'd say move on and try dating this guy and see how it goes :) Good luck!

• No dont date... unless you are out of your feelings for ex..

it will be a rebound.. which i suggest not to do.. you can be his friend.. and make him trust you & vice versa.. a best friend...