If you found out a person lied to you, would you bring it up?

I recently discovered the guy I was seeing told me a lie at the start when we were dating. He lied to me about who he was with and tbh I'm feeling a little betrayed. So if you found out someone lied to like two months would you bring it up?

• Yes definitely bring it up
  • No, if it's been going well since then leave it
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• it's not so much the lie that is bad, it's how the liar handles it when confronted.

• That's what I'm thinking if he gets angry with me I think I know my answer. I won't be aggressive when asking of accuse him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh yeah I had met a guy who was a notorious liar once but really I just smiled, collected his stories and then decided to face him with it by telling him all the stories he told me in a slightly altered version together with a friend, I hope that humiliation taught him a lesson liars are the worst 😒

What Guys Said 4

• depends who thjey were

• We all lie, what makes us humans

• Bring it up and confront him... and then move on...

• Bring it up , if he gets defensive then his guilty.

What Girls Said 10

• I would bring it up because I could not stop myself from not mentioning it. Is it a deal breaker or something to even cause a fight about, no, not at this point. But, just see what he says and what his explanation is, if he is honest about it when you bring it up and his answer seems genuine, then let it be. Just call him out and let him know you know and no more lying from that point forward.

• Bring it up then break up.

Usually when someone has lied about one thing, there's a ton of other stuff they've lied about too. It usually means they have a pattern of lying, omitting the truth, or twisting the truth therefore they cannot be trusted. Why agree to play the guessing game with them and wonder if you're being lied to when you can just leave them and find an honest person later?

• I'd bring that shit up. Better not form a relationship based on lies.

• I feel like if i'm seeing someone i' entitled to ask whatever questions and concerns I want.

• I always bring it up. I never hesitate to call anyone out on a lie.

• Not if it's been a while and it wasn't about something serious.

• He told me that a group of lads where coming to visit our city but I found out it was a girl that he spent the day with, while she did look like she did visit and he knew her from his travels. There was no need to lie to me. So I'm really confused on what to do.

• Depends on what kind of lie coz he/she lied about something really hurtful off course
    But if he/she lied about something nahh I woundnt bring it up I would forgive her/him

• Yup i would most definetly bring it up. I dont like liars.

• why not? the best way to move on is to break the lie wide open.

• You should have at the beginning.

• I said it in my question I only found out yesterday.