My boyfriend sucks at dancing what should I do?

I tried to teach him... I'm well known at school for my wonderful dance moves but my boyfriend can't dance at all and it's sort of embarrassing me... I love everything else about him but man he's a lost cause with the moves of a six year old... I am a terrible person for actually thinking about breaking up over this but I really like him as a person...

Dance is my passion I've devoted my life to dance in don't really want to break up with him in just want to know how I should go about dealing with the fact I can't really dance with him...

Most Helpful Guy

• it seems shallow, but is dance really important to you? would he let you dance with someone else... I've seen older women do that. some people are movement oriented... makes them feel good. he likely has no rhytm. good for him for trying.
    a dance class an do wonders if have good teacher.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't break up with him for something stupid like that! Sign up for dance classes.

What Guys Said 13

• Just take it slow and teach him then its awkward but if he is willing to put the time in I'm sure he can learn. Just remember guys bodies are built differently so dont assume he can do some of the crazier stuff girls are known for.

• You can use this as a new and fun opportunity to spend some time together.
    Plan a fun night were you play nice dance music and just slowly teach him how to dance.
    I personally think it will be fun. (I also can't dance, but I would like to one day go on a date with a girl and let her teach me how to dance)

• Yeah your terrible and should feel terrible. Thats the dumbest reason I've ever heard of someone to break up over. Dancing is unimportant. in high school if your a good dance you never dance wjth your boyfriend anyway unless at dance. Buy mostly you'll preform on stage with other dancers.

• Guy either has a sense of beat or he doesn't in my opinion

• Breaking up because he can't dance is the same as a guy breaking up because she can't cook or something, its a really shallow reason to break up. I can't dance.. I didn't do much dancing at my wedding. No one cared.

• Teens shouldn't date, jeez.

Why don't you take him to dance lessons if it's that important for you.
    That mentality is very shallow.

• Yeah you can dance but he can't and that's why you think of breaking up. Says the 15 year old. What else do you have to offer him besides your pussy and your moves? Why should HE stick with you after all when you're so shallow?

• That is stupid

• Is it really such a big deal that he sucks at dancing? Care to explain why?

• Tell him straight up. And yeah, if you’re thinking of breaking up because of this, you are terrible.

• why does he need to dance? most guys his age don't, or your age. maybe find somebody more compatible..

• Leave him, he is gonna dump you when he goes to college anyways

• some guys just are not into dancing and you should respect that, just because your obsessed with it and pleased with yourself doesn't mean a guy has to be too for a relationship. thats just not how love works

What Girls Said 2

• Maby he could take actual dance classes? Breaking up over the fact that he is not a good dancer is just stupid.

• hmm you should be happy he actually is mature enough to deal with someone so childish like you

• I wasn't going to break up with him over this. I just have know idea what to do about this since dance is my life has been one of the most important things to me since I was old enough to walk