Promising or dead?

Basically i had a date this past weekend, I felt it went really well. We both ignored our phones and talked constantly the entire time. At the end, I was getting positive vibes from him, like insisting on walking me to my destination, a hug and a kiss on the cheek during the hug. He also emphasized it was so great to hang out. He told me text me when you get home. I did not do that, instead waiting til the next day to send a thank you text since I've had experiences where I've done it right when I got home and felt I came on too strong being so immediate. Anyway, I know he had a busy weekend ahead of him and I finally went on to the site we met on and I see he hasn't logged on since our date. However, I also never got a text response just yet, and tomorrow will be day three. Is it possible, in light of all the good signs, that he is simply old fashioned, following the three day rule OR since I never got a text back, is it over and dead? Any insights appreciated!! Thank you.

Most Helpful Guy

• its tough to provide much insight on this as I wasn't at the date to know if it went as well is you though , its also only been a couple days so he might still try and make contact in next few days. but I wouldn't sit around and wait forever if he doesn't come through and ask you out again

Most Helpful Girl

• Wait around a day or two and decide then. I hope he answers. Good luck, girl.

What Guys Said 2

• I know how easy it is to obsess over this stuff. You're going to get a lot of rules. Fuck 'em. Go on living your life. If you want to text him now or wait a couple of days, do what feels right based on your gut, which has more understanding of this guy than any of us ever will. If he's not responsive, just keep living your life. Don't obsess. There are lots of rules; there are no rules.

• He might have took that as disrespectul if you said you were going to text him and didn't.

• Ok I actually heard that from someone else as well. Would it be that big of a turn off if he really liked me tho? I texted him within 12 hours of the end of the date and said thanks and that i fell asleep right away

• Not necessarily, but it didn't help. He might have waited quite awhile for your text, and it upset him. If you like him send a follow up text sometime to see how he is. Then if he doesn't reply then move on.

What Girls Said 1