Besides sex, for what reason do 45 year old men approach 21 year old girls? Dating wise?

I just never understood this. When men clearly deep into their 40's try talk to me I shut them down completely and immediately because I just assume all they want from me is sex definitely not intellectual conversation that's for sure. But if not "just sex" what other reasons are there that they do that?

Most Helpful Guy

• The first reason most men talk to women is sex, whether they are 40 or also your age.

Some of them are also open to and interested in more. I'd guess that older guys are more likely to view younger women as 'just for something casual'. On the other hand, older guys are more likely to be looking for something serious than guys your age, so in the end, it might be a wash.

Men tend to like women who are attractive, sweet and charming. Those aren't really things that older women have over younger women. Men don't really care much about experience and so on when it comes to attraction. Personally I'd rather, from a companionship standpoint, a smart young woman then a woman who happens to be my age but i don't get along with as well.

I'd also say that generally men, more than women, seem happy to become emotionally attached to women who they feel protective of, and are happy feeling like the stronger/wiser one in a relationship.

Of course most of the time? Sex. But not always.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know this one.

1) They want to date someone younger to make themselves feel like they are still young and/or attractive.

2) They want someone who will be impressed by the things they do. (Ex: A 15 year old would say "OMG, you have a nice car)

3) They want to have something young and pretty to nurse them when they are old.

What Guys Said 7

• I'll approach and talk to anyone, just because they look interesting, or look like they could use hope/help... often that is intellectual, helping them through something, etc.., but if things gel, then that's good too. Sometimes I'm just friendly, thoughtful, etc... Women think most everything is about sex, so that isn't fair, you are more sexual than men:) As well, we don't know your age... ok 21 is young, but in 20's it starts to equal out, makeup and such, can't tell.

It is a bit odd I realize as I/we tune out our age. I look a lot younger than my physical age so I haven't gotten a bad response. I think a lot of it is in how the man carrys himself, what he says and how he prsents himself.

• Maybe you remind him of himself and could be your father! Maybe he is feeling generous and just wants to buy u an ice cream or maybe he is just friendly and doesn't believe the youth of today are all stuck up ignorant wannabees and you will actually talk to him. Or, just maybe, he does just want sex... for every 10 of you he may get lucky with one of them hehe.

• Younger women are more beautiful and attractive than the majority of older women. Older women get out of shape, wrinkle, and stuck in their ways that can drive a man away. Maybe it make an older man feel good about having a young beautiful woman. The only thing I don't understand why a man want to have a relationship with a woman so young when she have to live her life as a young woman and he already lived through that moment some decades ago so that can be a problem he will have with her. Older men should not talk to younger women to let them grow because he would sound more like a father than a boyfriend when it comes to some things.

• Older men aren't exactly top quality. Especially shallow ones that dislike their own generation. Nevermind awful stamina in bed.

• This woman I use to attend church with was telling how older men go crazy to get they Viagra. So I'm thinking they must have a younger woman they are trying to satisfy lol.

• That's pretty much why men approach women of any age. But yeah, men in their 40's hitting on women in their early 20's is usually creepy because the men are usually thinking only of themselves.

OTOH, I have a friend who's 62 and he's marrying his 20-something girlfriend. I hope it works out. They've been together a while.

• She's 20 what are you talking about "they've been together a while" ?

• Any reason really

Youth is a desired trait when it comes to females. In a primitive perspective, youth for women represents being more fertile. Youth is a sign of life and vitality and many more years to come. He has all the incentive to want/desire a young women

• I don't think there is another reason. Why else would you want to date someone young enough to be your child?

• Um because they don't see age that way? Because they're actually looking for a relationship. Um because they're more forward thinking?

• also I'm done talking about this because it's clear to me you're not following what I am saying nor are you attempting to.

• @missmilliondollarman it is actually backwards thinking as in the past older men used to only marry younger girls.

• They may genuinely like you and want to date you. Some women like older men and some don't. The choice is yours.

What Girls Said 2

• Girl I have this problem as well. I have a lot of men in their mid 20s 24-29 approaching me and I'm only 18. I just assume they just want sex as well.

• Sometimes they do actually want a relationship and they're attracted to you. For whatever reason.

• @Mayamoon02 its backwards thinking that a man can only use a woman for sex if she's younger. go back to you social studies where people will agree with you. im out