Have you ever lied to someone to get rid of them?

I have because I just get too fed up with men. I've said I'm taken and I've also said I'm a lesbian but some guys just won't leave it alone.

• Plenty of times.
  • Once or twice.
  • Nope.

Most Helpful Guy

• Try the truth. "I am not in the least bit interested in you in that way." If that is not enough, start ignoring them whenever the interaction gets to that point. Nothing stops a boner like hitting a stone wall, except when it belongs to a rapist, and for this reason I ask you to take caution. Interact with guys normally, but once the conversation starts demanding more, literally ignore them. The whole I'm taken and I'm lesbian thing is old plus there are too many people that don't care anyway. You tell a guy you're a lesbian and you might just get him more interested.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just act psycho and he'll leave you alone for sure. Start talking about how you can't wait to meet his parents, act INSANELY jealous and emotional over literally nothing, and talk non stop about babies. This might only work on a guy you just met, though, not one that knows you and is genuinely interested.
    The best response would probably be the blunt, "I'm not interested in you."

What Guys Said 12

• Yeah, there as a blind guy talking to me and I was bored and wanted it to stop so I told him he was clear to cross the street. It cost me the dry cleaner to get the blood off, but it was totally worth it.

• nah I'm straight up with how I feel, and it's actually had better results than lying. I actually made friends rather than losing a connection entirely.

• No, I don't but I have felt like it to women because like you getting fed up with men I am too fed up with women. Some women are just so nasty for no good reason.

• Sure, there have been a few clients that I had to do this because they were just taking up too much of my time.

I didn't want to, but they left me no choice.

• Oh, what's your job?

• I own an engineering firm but I do biological surveys. Because I am the owner I get to deal with the fun clientele. Most people are really good! It is just like any job that is service industry, you always have those few that make your week :)

• No of course not.

• I don't feel good answering yes, but yes. I had a stalker once and I had to do anything to get rid of her. It was getting to a scary level.

• Omg, that's actually awful. Did you at least manage to get rid of her?

• Omg!! She must have been obsessed with you. It's kind clattering if she's cute but it's still creepy AF.

• Lol I'm glad I got out from under that mess!

• I'm not sure. I don't think so, but I suppose I may have (a long time ago).

• I'm not responsible for how you feel. I'm going to be straight up.

• yup, did plenty of times.

• I don't lie, I tell the blunt truth no matter how bad it hurts

• Nope i usually say i'm not interested.

• lmfao

What Girls Said 13

• Lol yup who hasn't!

• I haven't.

• I think everyone has made some excuses to other people at least once in their lives. Sometimes I do it when my friends invite me to go out and I'm not in the mood/tired. But other times I just tell them the truth and they understand #introvertedpeopleproblems xD

• I am exactly the same way with my friends. My real friends know that I don't like going out, the rest.. I just have to lie so that I'll avoid it.

• I have a few times here and there. Nothing major just little things to get them off my back for a bit.

• Yeah, some guys just don't take no for an answer. Even when you tell them you have a boyfriend they still try it on. Maybe we'd be better off telling them we have herpes or something. xD

• Heck yea. Who ever said no thats a lie.

• lol yeah plenty of times, some people just dont get that no means no

• Yeah, once, some guy come up to me and was asking me out or something (i don't remember, it was a long time ago) but i sad that i have a boyfriend or something just to kindly get rid of him...

• I don't blame you. Some guys will not take no for an answer unless you are taken

• I lie all the time men are pigs

• Amen girl!! Preach that!! 👏

• women are bitches but i not saying this just to be a troll or some one up guy for the males on here. but this really isn't a appropriate response though i get why you lie. but there is no need for you to go down to a level you think guys belong to.

and while i dont think that about women in general i do think there are some women
      who need to clean there own back yard out before talking about someone elses back yard.
      but that want happen till someone stops being rude and moves on to something better.

• I've used the "I'm a psycho card" that usually gets rid haha!

• In that case say something crazy like you're married or you have an std to get them away

• No, cause I'm really bad at lies. I'm like the worst liars on earth