Where do you mostly find people to date?

How do you normally meet people that you would want to date?

Do you meet them online? At school? At work? Is there a group of friends or a community of some sort (church, volunteer organizations, etc.) that you're a part of? Is it someone that you're already friends with?

Do you normally ask them out when you first meet them or do you know them for a while beforehand?

I'm not asking for myself. Just testing an observation.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• online and school.

work is a no fly-zone.

random encounters in public are just are af

• I've never really been totally on board with dating someone at work, especially with the way the dating world is right now.

Could you clarify the "random encounters" comment?

• damn typo.

rare*

• I see. Yeah, normally, I wouldn't ask a girl out on first meeting her. As I've grown and matured, I'm a bit more open to that, but I still like to develop a fairly solid friendship. That doesn't mean that we're best friends, but that we have pleasant interactions, know each other's values, and are more than acquaintances.

What Girls Said 13

• The internet LOL well technically I don't actively look for a date tbh. SOoo I don't know but if I did it would be:
    -University
    - Gym
    - The internet because that how"the only relationship" I had/have started, but I'm not talking about dating sites, just spontaneously

• University is the best!

• true true :P

• @ElissaDido - well get interested! You can't get your college days back, and they are ideal, whether you feel like it or not! You're alternatives are less pleasant. The Bar/club scene is fun and all, but you can't go back to a university and get a date without seeming creepy, Guy or gal to some extent! Trust me, your missing something, there are some nice and decent (and fun) guyz there! Enjoy it like it's your last chance! (it's not, but try to!)

Study groups! 5 times a day if you can! Actively looking or not, learn and maybe, just maybe find someone that is awesome! Don't say someone didn't tell you so 10-20 years from now! :)

• The guys I met that I've dated have all been from high school. And the guys (minus one) I dated from there I knew for a while beforehand. The other one was spontaneous and short.

• I wish I knew!

• a1. I meet people I would date absolutely everywhere but refuse to date anyone I meet at work, where I am a member or at places that I love, where I am a regular.

a2. Instead, I go alone to new clubs or new events or new one off functions.

a3. Tbh, I just put on a nice outfit, show up and wait. Rarely, if ever, do I know anybody there.

• I've met and dated guys from all those sources.

• now that im not in uni anymore it's more difficult but
    -work (prtty rare since most teachers are female or old)
    -the gym
    -classes (dance)
    -the beach/pool

• In places you least expect to find someone to date.

• get togethers with mutual friends.

• When I meet people I want to date it is not intentional. I don't go out purposely looking for dates. I just happen to meet a guy sometimes who I click with

• At first college but I meant my current SO at church

• School/college/work & through friends.
    I would get to know them for a bit first.

• In school or in bars. I'm not an online person. Social media is crap

• Bars - but not stupid sloppy drunk scenes - places where you can sip a craft beer or a whiskey and hear a good band. Lots of good conversation in these places.

What Guys Said 11

• I always met girls by going outside my routine. I think we become obsessed with routine sometimes and you have to get outside your box to meet people.

For instance... going to the same watering hole every week is not going to allow you meet new people.

The other place to meet good people is volunteering for a good cause!

• Ya this is a good philosophy. Go outside of your bubble, constantly meet others, etc

• @ConsultantIsBack Thanks man! and it worked for me! I volunteered at a subaru triathalon and met three girls in the one day, two of whom I dated later on.

• There's a place to find dates!!! Where?

• I've dated girls I've met in
    - School/College one
    - Online and it was the worst experience ever although we've dated for a year!
    - Coffee shop (I've been seeing her there regularly and one time I asked her to join me)
    - and the rest I've met through my friends

• I met most of my dates at the local Gothic club, or coffee hangout. I've met a few online, and I met my wife in high school.

• Post-uni it's much more difficult. But clubs n gym has always worked for me.

• Everywhere any anywhere!

The only place I avoid is when someone is working, I'm just not a big fan of bugging someone when they are trying to be professional at work

• I find them in the Thunder Dome.

• Trap houses mostly.

• School.

• I think If you are from US it's quite common to pick girls from Street. I'm from Europe it's not common in here. I meet girls in bar/clubs.

• I'm 24 honestly I don't know I actually talked to my brother about this cause he asked if I had a girl yet I replied I don't know where to find a girl