He said he is "emotionally/physically attached to me"? What does that mean?

My very close off/on guy friend for 5 years told me this. there's a lot more to the story, but is there a possibility he could have feelings for me if he believes this? Why would he come out and tell me this while also saying how his guy friends talk about how hot i am and wonder why he hasn't gotten together with me through the years...

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Please this guy is telling you that he really likes you and wants a relationship. There isn't a possibility that he has feelings for you it is a definite. You don't have to be confused. If you like him he is giving out all the signals that he can. He wants some feedback from you is giving you the signal. Next time he says something like the above tell him, "John I feel the same for you. I really like you and have that attachment I feel it. I feel very comfortable to pursue it."
    I charge $.50 for psychotherapy

What Guys Said 5

• Actually I don't believe in bro/sis relationships between a boy and a girl. If he's stayed with you for 5 years then he surely loves you, but you answered yourself. He thinks that you're too hot for him to handle. If you've been with him for 5 years without making him your boyfriend then you didn't expect much from him so he got friendzoned. I think that he's starting to get bored and decided to let the truth come out and if you refuse he'll start taking off of you.

• He loves you, not quite the big "L" love quite yet, but it's enough to probably keep him awake at night.

• Why are you such a thickhead? Ask him out, dammit!

• gotta a crush on you

• It means he's romantically interested in you. This is a stupid question, the answer really could not be more obvious.

What Girls Said 7

• Think like a guy! Why does he all of a sudden want hook up with you?

• He's your long lost siamese twin!

• he is hooked on you... poor thing.
    did you friendzone him, sounds pretty painful to me.

• He loves you

• he loves you. he really cares about you not like sexually but with actual emotion.

• Damnnnn

• It means that he feels closer to you.