Is it odd for a 16 year old to date an 18 year old?

she's 16, he's 18. they work together. is that odd? how would you feel if your child was in either sides of this relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• That would be fine by me

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess this depends on the maturity level of the 2 involved in the relationship.
    Okay, I got my age wrong, I'm 16, but I'm not going to make an account just to have my real age and start over. 😂 Anyway, my boyfriend will turn 18 this summer (I will turn 17 in November though, so it's not like I turn 16 this year, but still) and we are just fine.

What Guys Said 3

• I would feel like a cradle snatcher at that age.

• Are u kidding me... No...

• Two years apart isn't bad at all go for it.

What Girls Said 6

• I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 16. He'll be 17 in a week or two. I don't think it's that big a deal with that age range. If it were 15 and 18, then ehhh, a little uncomfortable. 16 and 18, tho? I don't see a problem.

• Yes unless your from some werid country!

• there is a vast emotional difference between sixteen and eighteen altogether, dating is ok but i wouldn't trust it to last or see it as something serious

• I don't think it is appropriate

• Not at all, that's very close in age... Girls usually date a guy a few years older, as often guys are physically and mentally less mature than girls!

• That is normal.