Girls, would you date a single dad?

i haven't dated in about four years. I just graduated college, spent eight years in the Marine Corps, starting a new job next week, and I have a nine year old son who I have full custody of. I finally have some free time and want to date but I don't know where to find a nice woman to date. Would you date a single dad with his life together and where can I find a nice woman?

His mom is not dead but lives halfway across the country and is not involved in his life.

11

Most Helpful Girl

• I would date a single dad, in fact i do date a single dad. I personally find it attractive because it shows that the guy actually tries and applies himself in many ways. There's nothing wrong with that, you're taking care of your son, you have a job opportunity waiting for you, and you have all your ducks in a row. You can find a woman anywhere, if you are in the right place at the right time. The search will not be easy, but with a little hope and patience.. That wonderful woman you're looking for will be right around the corner, if not sooner, then later lol.

What Girls Said 10

• I am quite a selfish woman and while I would give it a go I would need to feel like a priority still. I would know your son is number 1 which is where I would struggle... See it comes down to this:

For you, a girlfriend is number 2 priority and has to be
    For her, you are number 1. There is an outweigh from the start... She would have to make your son number 1 which would take time for this to work.

Does that help you understand the type of woman you require? For me I have never felt like number 1 and so struggle to trust people, it is not because I am needy I would just worry about hurting your son if it didn't work out. :(

• I would and currently dating one. My boyfriend got 3 kids aged from 7-10. We met online so it could be one of the way. It's a paid app so yea people there more likely looking something more serious. Good luck :)

• I most likely wouldn't just cause. I'd feel werid.

• I have recently met a single dad and he asked a forward question before we had even been on a date and I don't think he was happy with my answer (which I now regret, because he is not tallking to me now) I wish I wasn't too scared to word it the way I wanted to word it, instead said what I was told all guys like to hear (from advise from a male cousin). Because of this pain I am feeling now, I would be abit reluctant to in future. But as long as the relationship with the mother is purely for the child... it shouldn't be a problem. Most women fear that the mother/father romantic relationship may rekindle. But in your case this shouldn't be a problem. As long as your open and honest with her and if you decide you don't want to pursue anything with her that you would be a decent guy and tell her. Good luck. I wouldn't mind you sending me a message. Would love to hear a single dad's perpective. Because I'm at a age now, where most guys my age have children.

• It won't let me message you but I'd be happy to give you advice

• Odd... silly things lol. If it's you that followed me and I followed you back, I've sent you a message, Did you get it?

• Noo to young to deal with a child, that is not mine on top of that.

• Nope.

• Not unless the mother was dead.

• If I liked him. I don't mind the idea of being a stepmother. However, if the guy gives me the impression he's just shopping for some woman to take care of his kid (s) and do housework so he can have more free time, I lose interest. You'd be surprised at the guys who feel this way.

• Right now? Hell no.

• Only if the Mother is dead
    I do not date single dads