In a relationship who pays for every other date past the first one?

The big First and second date are done? Now how does dinner/lunch money get divided?

Most Helpful Guy

• Whoever has the most money.

Most Helpful Girl

• after being with the same guy for 7 years and still in love not only do we take turns. I'll pay for us to go on dates. I'll take him for dinner and a movie and take him to go shopping, I'll being him home some candy on payday. every one loves to fill important and it makes me fill so good to see the big smile on his face. honestly if you want to keep things fresh in a relationship its a to way street it's not just the guys job. in short you make the person you are going out with fill good they will do the same.

What Guys Said 10

• womens lib: she does! Women make the kids, work full time, clean the house... etc..

Just kidding on that, felt like being sarcastic: Sometimes he pays, sometimes she buys, you work it out. I really like to split meals so that it costs less and you eat just fine and its more fun. If you can't work it out, then how are you gonna be married to this person and why would you risk making offspring with them? If you can't share equally what the heck is that? If you expect him to pay for everything, I think that is wrong... if she is working and has a decent standing in life financially. If she isn't working, then heck yes I (male) pay because I want to treat her and take care of her... I've done that.

• If it's an official relationship, I've paid most of the time. Sometimes split the bill. And on rare occasion the girl has paid. That's a societal norm I fall prey too sometimes. Luckily I tend to date women that really insist they at least cover the tip. I take them up on that offer. I'm not trying to buy their affection.

When it's just dating tho, 90% of the time I just pay for myself. There's no need to question who pays for who when getting to know eachother. If they are there for you and not just a free meal, they won't have a problem paying for what they eat. That should be common sense/knowledge in dating. If you're not together you don't owe eachother anything. The offer to pay is just a nice thing to do and should not be expected. I consider a girl willing and ok with paying for herself a sign of good character. If she just expects me to pay, she's probably like that in other parts of a relationship as well. Expecting the man to put in all or most the effort as she passively enjoys it. Wanting to be treated like a princess that doesn't offer any real value.

That's not the kind of relationship I want. I want someone who wants to be with me just as much and puts in just as much effort as I do. Those guys that get with a girl and say, "she's so much better than me. I don't deserve her. Let me kiss her feet and do everything to make her stay with me because I am unworthy". Fuuuck that lol.

• You pay your part, I pay my part.
    OR, I pay one day, you pay the next day.

There's absolutely no reason for the guy to be the only one to pay. No reason, unless you're a sexist, of course.

• Divided, or i lock the chick in the trunk! Even though i have a crossover... she could just crawl through the back but still

• I usually just alternate like trade turns. I don't care much about it, it's not like I track it lol

• Usually the guy. I don't know thats how I do it. If we're are in a long term committed relationship then I'd alternate.

• I alternate personally.

• Everyone pays for themselves aka Half/Half. I learned that if I pay for all the dates the woman expects me to cash out every time. Unfortunately I'm not a wallet and as such this behaviour gets them good bye.

• It depends. If I'm dating a girl without kids then we alternate, if I'm dating a single parent then I at least offer to pay each time.

• After the first date I tend to bring it up. The only answer I consider a red line (as in I probably won't meet them again) is them thinking the guy has to pay for everything.

Once committed it's different. You're going to be different from anyone else, but from the second or third date at least offer. even If I don't let you pay I'll be annoyed if you don't. Why? Because I've come across women that think it's a right not to pay for anything. I'm not a wallet. I work for my money just like any women does.

I know that sounds harsh. It isn't supposed to... but I do find equality only going one way very annoying.

What Girls Said 12

• It depends on the couple. When my boyfriend and I started dating, we would usually pay separately, but occasionally pay for each other. In this day and age, I honestly don't think it matters.

• My boyfriend and I are both broke asf so we kind of pay for our own stuff, haha. I pay for him when need be though. I don't mind it. When I have the money I am more than willing to spend it on him.

• The man pays! yay! hahah Watch I am goonna get attack!

• Alternate or split.

• I was not in the meeting when the rules changed. I was under the impression that the guy paid for everything. Well since I didn't make the meeting I think the rules in my mind stay the same. The guy pays for everything until such time as a true relationship exists. I do not believe a true relationship exists at any age below mid 20s.

• Split bills aye!

• Depends on the people involved.

• I'd either split the bill or alternate.

• The guy

• He the guy pays for a couple more dates after the first

• I don't really think about these things
    When I'm in a relationship the guy usually pays for me, but I have no problem paying

• I've always tried to be equal with every guy from every date. It's the way to go.