Should I let a few lbs determine whether or not I date him?

So i gained about 15 pounds in the past 2 years. I lost a lot my first year of college so im actually the same weight now that i was in high school. Most of it is muscle because Im a college catcher and Im 5'6" so its still a healthy weight but i do not feel comfortable with myself. There is a guy from high school that has recently messaged me. Im assuming he has seen me on facebook when i lost weight but there have been recent posts too.
Im tempted to make excuses to avoid hanging out with him until i lose some weight, or should I just hang out with him and see if he accepts me as i am? Am i being too insecure?

• go out with him
  • wait until you lose some weight

Most Helpful Guy

• Go out with him girl! If he's really that shallow and doesn't accept you as you are and not want to hang out cuz you gained a little wait. Then you'll know he's not the right guy for you. Good luck.

• Thabks! 😊 Hey did you hang out with him yet?

• Awh thanks 😊

• Anytine! 😊 tell me how it goes!

What Guys Said 7

• Wait until you lose weight = excuse. Life is happening NOW, not 2 months from now.

• I think you should go for it. It sounds like you are very healthy so losing or gaining pounds which is just an arbitrary number isn't something to be concerned about. Learn to love your body.

• ha! this is silly. Just stop, really. You're never going to look as good as you do in your early 20's. Stop wasting time worrying about a non-issue.

• weight should have nothing to do with despite what the popular magazines and the people who have "perfect relationships" you should be proud of who you are not of what other think.

why do what a crowd does when you do better going your own way?

• girls are always more concerned with weight them men when really we don't even notice when you put on a few pounds

• If he ever rejects you for your weight then he is not the man you should go out with any way

• If that's you in the pic and you think you're too big, you're crazy, and I mean that in a nice way, you're very attractive.

What Girls Said 2

• go out with him
    Don't stop yourself from love because your the thin.

• As long as you have a pretty face, you don't have to worry about your weight.