Is it a good idea to date a coworker?

My coworker asked me out but I'm unsure about going out with him. Should I give it a shot? Or is this just a disaster waiting to happen?

Most Helpful Girl

• No Matter what happens after Five here, dear, If you Both end up to be More in Store around that Water Cooler... There is Always Something to be Said with working with a coworker, and of course, Nothing is always Hunky Dorey.
    Stay friends, Maybe hang out and keep it Light for now. Feel it out and don't over think anything.
    Many coworkers hang out after the doors close and Many Times... Keep Everything behind those closed doors so No wagging tongues at Coffee Time.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 6

• I would believe that to be a bad idea to fraternize in the professional workplace. Maybe it's fine once one of you move on and either work in a different company or if one of you had already quit, or at least one of you will leave soon, but if it's neither of those cases, then be aware of what the policies and procedures or regulations of your company or organization actually is in regards to fraternization and relationships in the workplace. Typically they forbid it entirely if it's the same department, and one is a manager or supervisor and the other is an associate or subordinate if I remembered correctly.

Maybe it might be fine if you both work at 2 completely separate departments in the same company.

• I know a guy who met his wife at work and they were married for over 20 years (and still are)

I also have a friend who dated a co-worker for almost two years, and wants him out of her life. He's gone from her personal life as much as she can... but he's there at work, every day...

• Could be an awesome thing. Could lead to one quitting.
    I would risk it because what greater reward is there than LOVE.

• As a general rule, I'd say dating a coworker is a bad idea. An exception would be if it's a big company and you two don't actually work in the same department. Other than that, I'd stay away from it. ;)

• Is he somebody you work with directly? If so, then I'd lean towards no. If he's a random person that happens to work in another department on the other side of the building/workplace, then that may be okay. I've seen close coworkers start "something" then it becomes very ugly when things go south. Even if things don't go south: What happens when, one day, you get a promotion and he doesn't? Or vice versa. The tension about being involved with somebody in that situation can be trying.

• Don't mess around with co workers... never poop where you eat. If it falls apart, then rumors and crap talking happen.

What Girls Said 13

• Nope its a bad idea!

• Never date a coworker.

• it's a disaster waiting to happen... considering if something goes bad, it will come back to you three folds.

• No, no, and no. Take it from someone who was stupid enough to date her boss. It puts a terrible strain on the professional relationship when things don't work out. If you date your coworker, you should really hope that both of you are mature enough to be professional. Otherwise, you could be out of a job.

• You really need to know yourself and how you react then things end. Because, odds are this will

• If you like him and he likes you. Why not go for it. I allow my employees to date each other if they want to. I will never stop two people loving each other.

• It could a bad idea for the workplace and it could be risky because if you break up and you both work at the same place, it could be problems.

• Give it a shot you never know

• I'm dating my intern

• Give it a shot you never know

• Give it a shot. A lot of the people we date are people we will see regularly or at least at another point in time.

• Bad idea

• Yes it's the best. Like this you see him everyday and all the day? Your always with him.