Do you believe people can fall in love online?

Most Helpful Guy

• Love comes in many shapes and forms, and it doesn't have to be in a relationship kind of love, but let's assume that it is for the sake of this opinion.

Love is something that we feel. And our feelings can be tricky.
    When you say you love someone in real life, you love the perspective that you have of that person. You love the experiences you shared, the way they act, the things they say, your views about life, the way they look. You know their flaws and although you can predict their actions, they can always surprise you.
    You care about them, (almost) as much as you care about yourself.

But let's shift this into the virtual world: you still share experiences, thoughts, prespectives.. you still can get a perception of how they act, talk and behave. You still know how they look, and you care about them and their well being.

The difference? Body contacts.. that's all it is. And in real life, you may even be incompatible, but that doesn't change the way you feel towards that person, and since love is felt, I think you can very well love someone you met virtually.
    About calling it a relationship.. that's still a gray area to me.

I wrote this after reading: @Kitty5970 and @Floppy discussion

• jeeez, thanks :P Do I know you asker? Or do you know me? :D

• Your welcome, No I don't think you know me.

Most Helpful Girl

• For the most part no, because online you are missing many important aspects of a person. You're not getting the person as a whole. You're only going to see what they want you to see. It is more than likely that you aren't in love with them but you are in love with the idea of them.

What Guys Said 20

• I think you can definitely feel some type of love for someone, yeah. But 'falling in love' with them? I doubt it.

That's not meant to shortchange feelings that people develop for others they meet online, though. Those feelings are certainly real, valid, and powerful. I just think that falling in love is a really big deal, and you need to share certain types of experiences before getting to that level.

• Love is irrational. Sure.

• Yes. It is my own personal opinion that when you fall in love with someone online your basically falling in love with the IDEA of someone until you meet them in person, then the love becomes more concrete.

• Are you saying they almost in love you?

• @Kitty5970 I think some people can have a perception of what they think a person is like based off of the contact they have with them over the internet. Once this goes on long enough they can learn to truly love what they believe this person to be, based off what they've learned about them through their online interactions. It's kind of like building a "profile" of a person based off stories or other stuff they've told you about themselves. So I don't look at it so much as almost being in love, I just see it as being in love with what you've been lead to see or learn through online connections. Nothing beats actually being around a person. At some point if I were to fall in love with a girl I've met online, I'd have to meet her to learn things about her that extend beyond a text, email or Skype message.

• You love the person that you learning about, it did sound very crazy when a guy told me he love me

• i think so... i just don't think it lasts...

• Yes I do think so

• Do you think they fall in love with the idea of the person or the person?

• Yes that's true also

• For sure

• Yes, back in the day I met a girl on line (AOL) and we IM'd each other for months. Then we started calling each other and finally she flew in to visit me, then I flew to visit her.

• I don't think you can fall in love online because you don't really know someone if you've never met them in person and spent a lot of time with them

• no love can only happen when you spend time with that person, get to know them and never want to be apart and when you do you miss them and it hurts, its like long distant relationships will never work out

• Totally possible I've seen it happen many man MANY times

• sure why not

• yes, definitely possible

• yes, they can

• I often times think its wishful thinking and that they fall in love with the idea of the person. Because you dont really know a person until you've spent time with them in person. That said can you date someone online well yeah but I think the only way it would work would be to see each other very often and spend time together.

• Not with each other because you have not met. You can fall in love with the idea of someone online.

• can fall in love yes..
    but how real is the love?

cannot trust 100%

• I don't think so

• I beileve it. Because Online meetings are another way to meet someone.

• Yes.. But it's not a good way to know the other person (trust me)

• Nah tried won't do it again too messy

• ever hear of dating sites? so yes you can fall in love with anyone,, i have many times, but i know im never loved back.

What Girls Said 20

• Yes, I do and Not only 'Can fall in love online' but also Meet up and Get... Married.
    It happened top me, in which a man from Egypt Found me on Facebook back in 2011. We Began a Fairy Tale Romance by Chance and in getting to know one another better on Skype with him and his lovely family, I flew off to the magical land of Cairo, where I stayed for 30 days. Things went so well that after returning home, I then hopped back a board and went abroad again to be with him. It was there that we tied the knot at the Ministry of Justice and it was also there where I resided for awhile, Learning how to be a Muslim's wife.
    I am back in the states now and with Breaking up and Making up a million times over to try and keep our marriage going, Things went a bit sour, for I have not Returned to be with him, Due to our personal problems and just things getting as bad as they have over time out there.
    Online or Off, No matter who One would Meet and Greet, It is always in God's hands with All Relationships that either End in a "Happily ever after" or A... Disaster.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Fall in love with the idea of someone? An idealized version of this individual?
    Certainly.

• yes I do. Sadly it never works for me ):!

• No I believe that people who fall in love online want to fall in love. They want to fall in love so badly that they confuse online conversation with love

• I like your thought

• How you know I'm good at talking dirty? That does sound hot , sticking his dick in my pussy

• @Kitty5970 See you're into it already

• Totally. I did/do.

• Im not too sure about love, but you can definitely grow a strong attraction to someone online. From past experiences, my advise would be to meet up with them (in a mutual place and with friends) so that you can get to know the real them:) Good luck

• Not at all. They fall in love with their own reception of that person

• Yes, it's possible.

• Yes I do.

• Yeah, I'm in the middle of that right now.

• No, online the only thing you see of that person is a picture of them and even then you fell in love with a picture of them not actually them.

• It definitely can happen.. it happened to me. Now I'm trying to forget.

• Oh I'm sorry to hear about that

• Love to me = self delusion :P

• believe? It's a FACT

• um. no.
    you don't even know how that person talks or acts, how can u love them?

• Yes i think so. Love doesn't need any reason. It just happens.

• What if you really believe you are in love by having a deep feeling

• Like @Floppy said, enjoy the cyber sex with him. You are both lonely and it is probably not love, but you can still enjoy it and feel better that you have been feeling. You will not be lonely and you will get sexual enjoyment. Sex talk can do it all, but if you add pictures, follow the rules of safety. No face in the pictures and any identifying marks, jewelry, photos, etc. out of the picture.

• @Red_Arrow in a good mood. Feel like teasing you. Maybe even driving you crazy. Go to the website about turning back time and tell the guy off who's giving me grief about protons going into the past. Doesn't know anything. But I need support.

• www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1989696-if-time-travel-were-possible-you-would-uninvent-anything

He's messing with the wrong woman. Help me out I'll send you a picture

• I see it in movies but that's about it

• Unfortunately i did. 😑

• Yes of course!