How do I calm him down?

My boyfriend gets angry at me, I know I mess up but recently it was because we might not be spending as much time together because I could be going to work on weekends... anyway

Whenever he's angry I can never call him because he doesn't want to call especially when he's angry and sometimes he says a lot of hurtful things but I know he doesn't mean them. What can I do to calm him down, I try everything but I'm not a very confident person :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Wood absorbs water, as they say. Meaning, that wood represents a very direct approach, and water, represents a very passive approach. Water is good in a lot of situations, but it doesn't seem to work very well when people are coming at you aggressively like that. You give too much of yourself away to appease them. Don't give too much of yourself away like that. Be steadfast to what you know to be true. Maybe just try a more askew approach?

If he's being a dick, let him be a dick away from you. There needs to be consequences for his actions.

Most Helpful Girl

• sounds like he is immature in managing his temper... There is nothing you can do until he simply grows out of it. I suggest speaking with him and telling him it is driving you away.

• I love him, more than anything. I told him a while ago his anger was turning him into someone else but he didn't respond well

• ha telling him his anger was bad made him angry? OMG!

He really needs to get a grip and see someone though :(

What Guys Said 2

• When he gets angy or stressed just hug him and remind him your there with him and make him smile. ^w^ remind him he's not alone.

• Just do the sweet talk and it'll soften his heart.

What Girls Said 6

• Stop accepting being treated in this way. Do what he's doing to you, simply ignore him. Stop chasing him and remove yourself from the situation. Life is a lot easier with men who simply apologize and don't let things fester. Accept that you've done things wrong and apologize but the way he's reacting is immature. Don't entertain it and hopefully he'll start to change.

• It sounds like it's more his issue than yours. Does he know how much his reaction hurts you? If so you have to decide how you deserve to be treated. If there is no change can you put up with this behavior? If not you need to tell him this. If you can then you need to work on ways to cope with this reaction. As much as this hurts it's worse to try and change a person that doesn't want to change.

• You can't change a person if they have anger issues. They themselves need to learn the needed tools. Just let him know how hurt you feel when he can't control his emotions. He should have to change, not you.

• CALM THE FUCK DOWN! done! (:

• He needs to step his game up and cool down. He needs to learn the difference between his mom and his girlfriend.

• He sounds like a jerk to be honest with ya.