Who do you think does more asking out? Guys or girls?

Asking because a girl I was talking to in another discussion is trying to say that guys don't really ask girls out as much as we claim just because she was the one who asked a guy out a few months ago, and asked me and another guy when was the last time we asked a woman out, and then asserted that we must be lying if we said we did! Huh? Lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• guys still do most of the asking but girls are starting to do some of the asking

What Girls Said 4

• I think that it's mostly men. I do think more women do it than we think though.

• I THINK, and may be wrong, that while guys do more asking out on an average, I think more girls ask a guy out in a sexual sense (friends with benefits, one night stands etc). I think girls are just as confident, perhaps more so (because how often do girls get rejected if they're saying please fk me), when it comes to picking up someone for that reason, so perhaps that may be more even or at least have a higher number of girls.
    But in a relationship sense, I think that number is still more on the male side.

• Mmmmm, no, I hear a lot of women saying how they almost never ask guys for sex in those senses you mention beCAUSE they're terrified of rejection - they've even admitted that before. And you still have a lot of guys who find it weird or strange that a woman is approaching them.

• Mmm true, I suppose the times I've been out to bars and clubs I see quite a lot of women approaching men for that reason. And obviously that's just my observations and maybe it's only those bars and clubs, but it seemed logical too. I don't hear girls asking a guy to be their boyfriend, but regularly hear them asking for sex.

• I think guys still do.

• Yea guys do it more but maybe less these days.

What Guys Said 2

• Definitely guys.

• I've been asked out twice in HS. A girl approached me in college too, but she wasn't trying to date. So it does happen. That said I still think guys approach more.