Do I deserve a better guy?

We broke up a week ago :( He was an honest and loyal guy which I liked, funny and affectionate but it didn't feel like love. Once he said don't confuse affection with love etc
I get him video games all the time, we play co op, watch movies etc. We only ever hung out at his house or mine, and he wouldn't be interested in doing anything else eg hiking/kayaking/dinner with me even though I usually pay for everything, I cook for him all the time and for his family.
I don't mind that he never took me out on a date, I treated him on a 5 week overseas trip, we had fun but he said stuff like 'we're just having fun, you can't force me to love you' 'thanks but don't think I owe you' etc. When we have sex he wouldn't look at me either and he always slept facing away from me the whole time.
But he was very honest and loyal. Eg he'd tell me his phone password and stuff
Are there better guys out there?

Most Helpful Guy

• OMG! Yes, you can do much better than that. He doesn't value you at all. I can only imagine why in the world you would give so much like that... are you insecure, think you aren't attractive, way out of shape? Yes, you can do better... way better.

Stop giving him anything especially yoru affection. He does not like you and is using you. A relationship should be two people contributing something of value to the others life, loving the person as they are. You've conveyed nothing that he is giving other than existing with you.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes... this guy was honest with you... forget him...

the person you'll want to become is the person that will come to your life too.

What Guys Said 8

• Yes hun you deserve so much mkre. You deserve happiness. Someone who shares the same interests with you. Someone who pushes you to trying new things. Not staying home everynight. You seemed to be happy but you really were not. You want to hike with your man, kayak, go to fancy dinners and have unbelievable sex with the man you love. Who looks at you during and after to tell you you are beautiful and he loves you. Don't settle for less. he's out there

• Thanks man for the encouragement!! I think I'm a bit insecure with my looks so I settled for him and I liked how he was really honest and loyal but yeah there's always someone better
      thanks and God bless!

• I don't know how more became mkre haha.

Anytime! Hey I think most of us are a little insecure of our looks. We are our worst critic when it comes to that. Yup that's a great attitude to have.

• Sounded like he was using you to me. There are worse guys out there but there are certainly better ones and yes you deserve it.

• What a knob he used u then? Well yes there are many better guys I would hope.

• There are MUCH better guys out there

That guy is like just a friend with benefits or something

• Move on
    If you want someone to love you

• Wow, in a relationship I'd rather be like you.

• no sorry

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA God bless

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly he sounds like an A hole he might be honest but then again he might be to honest and he don't want any type of relationship he's just sleeping with you and taking everything you give him.

• @mypusSSy A HOLE MEANS ASS HOLE AND NOT TO BE RUDE BUT IF I WHERE YOU AKA A GIRL WANTING A MAN TO LOVE ME I WOULD NOT PUT MY USERNAME @MYPUSSY

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• It really all depends on what YOU want, are you looking for just a boyfriend or commitment?

• Commitment
      Yeah he was an asshole

• Yeahhh it was just me being stupid wasting my time and heart on this guy. When I knew all along it wouldn't work out
      Anyway thanks :) God bless

• Well I do believe you are now being honest with yourself, so hopefully this will make you think just a little better about this guy.
      You're very welcome, and I do wish you good luck and happiness for the future.