What do I say to this guy that I like but sort of rejected?

Ok so I have liked this one guy for a long time. We have known each other forever, ever since kindergarten. Well a couple months ago he messaged me on Instagram and said to text him sometime and he gave me his number. Well even though I was excited bc I liked him for awhile, I couldn't bc at the time I had a boyfriend, so I responded with "I'm sorry Chase, I have a boyfriend". Well my boyfriend and I broke up over a month ago and I feel like I'm over him now and I want to reach out to Chase. But I mean, what do I say? Will he still want to talk to me? I didn't reject him bc I don't like him, it's only because I had a boyfriend. What do I say?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should play it very cool. Def reach out to him if its something you want to do. but don't make it seem like your needy, and like you want him now because you and your other guy is finished. Should very casual, and if he likes you he'll bring it up, when he does tell the truth that you guys broke up. But don't make it like your ready to jump back into a relationship, he'll see that as a window of opportunity and make the move... so keep it cool and you got it

What Guys Said 2

• say to him "Hi long time, where have you been" ?

• It depends. Maybe just keep in touch with him as a friend as of the moment.

What Girls Said 1

• Just text him and ask if he's still up for talking.