Is it wrong for a girl to ask a guy to prom?

So I want to ask my crush to prom but I'm worried that will be a turnoff/ he will think I'm pushy or clingy. I know for a fact he isn't asking anyone because I've talked to his friends about it and prom just isn't something he would reach out to do. But I have a feeling he might say yes (I just have seen some signs and from my talk with his friend). So I just want to know, is it ok for a girl to ask a guy?

• It's wrong only guys should ask
  • Go for it, girls can do it too
Ok so I have decided I am gonna ask him :) Now it is just figuring out how:

1. He is on math squad so do an equation with you+me=prom and have him solve it
2. He plays guitar so make a sign: Would you rock out with me at prom?
3. He does tennis so: It would be a smash if you would go to prom with me

Any advice on any of these or any other ideas would be great. I really want this to go great when I ask :)

Most Helpful Guy

• If you want to ask someone out then go ahead and ask someone out without regards to what the other person thinks and feel. They may still reject you though. Better to try and see what happens than to look back one day in your future and think or feel: Awww shit. I really should have asked him out when I had the chance but I had felt to shy or afraid of rejection, etc., so therefore I did not ask him. You get what I mean?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm so glad to see all of this positive reaction... I think it's a first ever on gag. But it's great and you should definitely ask him. Not bc you're a girl or he's a guy or its ok sometimes to do it or anything like that but just bc you want to and you're bit hurting anyone and self sensorship is no way to go through life.

Have fun! :)

What Guys Said 11

• absolutely ok for a girl to ask a guy

• Math equation. Thats cute!

Or you could put below it. Youd know we'd Rock it 😉 or something like that haha

• I wish there were girls like you when I was in high school. In my high school, only the guys would ask girls to prom. Since I am a very shy guy, I couldn't ask the girl I had a crush on to prom, so I didn't go to prom. In my opinion, girls should definitely ask guys to prom more often.

• a grl asked me to 'winter formal' when i was in 9th grade... she ended up being my first girlfriend.

• A girl asked me to prom in high school, she caught me off hard so I said I'd think about it, when she asked again I said yes.
    She was a really good date, if hadn't been so afraid of girls at the time I probably would have kept going out with her

• There's always that one person.

• Damn I wish someone would've asked me to prom. In the situation I'm in right now, it was not too safe for me to ask someone to prom. But no one would've asked me out anyways because I'm an outcast in school.

• Just go for it :) trust me, just cause you feel like an outcast doesn't mean there aren't nice girls who see how cool you really are :)

• Umm, first, work on those puns. Second, I would say just do the math one because the math is probably the best way.

• its nothing wrong for a girl to as a guy to prom

• never bby ;)

• Of course not! Good for you for asking, if I had a limo a drive both of you! Make sure you ask him.

What Girls Said 15

• no its not.

• Do it! I support you! And would love to hear about how you asked when you do :D

• I kinda already have a couple ideas actually just based on a couple things he is interested in.

• About the way to ask him -- maybe do it more personal and not outright way with signs and in front of people, because he might feel embarrassed about being asked by you in front of others, while doing it privately would allow him to answer in more confidence, I believe. Just my input.

• Yesssss ask him! I too am considering asking someone LOL
    All three of your ideas are pretty good so it's up to you which one you feel you can best deliver c:

• Do it. Ask him and use all three of those methods.

• Go for it! Its a new generation, asking out definitely goes both ways. I did with my crush. If you do not get your expected results, please stay positive.

• All those ideas are great! The math one, the guitar one, AND the tennis one! (you're so creative omg xD) I would say pick the one that you feel more comfortable with or pick the one he enjoys most! In example, if he likes tennis more than math and guitar playing, pick the tennis idea! Good luck, girl!

• He'll love it. Do it!!

• No, of course it's not! Ask him out! :)

• not wrong. go for it :)

• There's nothing wrong with asking a guy to prom. I did it once, and it wasn't hard at all. Do it.

• Wow😧 I'm the only one who thought guys should ask?

Don't get me wrong I think it's ok if a girl asks a guy but really for me I'd want a guy to notice me and do the asking.

• Do it! And then tell us how it go..

• Number 2

• girl power! go for it, I'm sure he won't turn you down. Good luck :)