Why do women look for rich guys to date or marry?

Why not strive to be rich yourself?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because some women are materialistic and think that there looks are more valuable then handwork. they also use the excuse of wanting a good provider, when a lot of average guys are good providers and hard workers. they just think money = happiness, until there sugar daddy trades them in for the younger women. money is important but its not everything.

Most Helpful Girl

• They're lazy and don't want to work hard to earn money for themselves.

What Guys Said 16

• global3.memecdn.com/gold-diggers_o_1809159.jpg

It's called being a gold digger. It's easier to fuck a rich guy than become a rich women.

• Lol social norms are hilarious. I'd rather be a rich women than date some rich guy. He would be most likely insecure and unhappy and miserable. I don't want to live off anyone's expenses, I hated living off my parents expenses. I'd marry for personality and how they treat me.

• forgot what it's called, but it's like traditional expectations.

parents expect the son become successful and marry a pretty girl

and expect the daughter to marry a rich man

• Because women only find a small percentage of men to be attractive based on their looks and since most girls can't get one of those guys they will settle with a man who they aren't very attracted to. However the only way its worth it to settle down with a guy they aren't attracted to is if he makes more money. Otherwise he doesn't have much to offer her.

• Ada girl... A woman who is self made is way attractive! Not sure why guys get hung up on girls that do well for themselves.

• There is a reason prostitution is the oldest profession.

Men have money and want sex, women have the sex and want money. They both have something to agree upon, and everyone's happy.

Actually, it's a lot deeper than that. It's not the money women want, but the security it provides and security is a innate need for women. Men have the innate need to spread their seed and the best way to do that is with women.
    However, being that women are picky about potential fathers to their children, a man has to prove he is somehow the BEST suited male for the job.

This is how humans work on an instinctual level, but we all know people are much more complicated than that due to love.

• Times have changed. Women can make their own money. I've been making my own money since I was 16.

• That's good and very true, but recent times changes cannot override millennia of natural programming so quickly. We will come to a point where the ways of old will die off and fall away, but it won't happen anytime soon.
      Hopefully, before I die.

• Because you don't have to worry if you fail at work, you can easily decide to be a stay at home mom for the rest of your life. Who wouldn't want that? Who would say no to an easy life?
    XD

• People who have actual goals in life

• Yeah, but many people don't have that, and for many people, living an easy life where they don't have to work is their goal in life.

• because that requires effort.

• Because pay without work is the human way!

• Why do all that work when you don't have to?

• Getting someone else who is rich is a lot less effort than getting rich yourself.

• Because they all want to be saved

• basic instinct ! safety, sheltering, providing and life insurance

• Cuz they want to get carried. To counter this behavior, I've decided to date or marry rich girls only. Balance in everything.

• All American women are only gold diggers... Period...

• because a lot of money = success...

seriously.. gtfo.

• basically in our world women are just in the ride. Anything that happens is normally done by a man.

What Girls Said 12

• I've met guys who have tried to impress me with money. I just find it sickening. If I want money, I'll go get it. I would rather a guy just be real.

• Some women just don't know how to occur wealth of their own but they know that they want financial security and they want to be able to experience a certain type of lifestyle that comes with the luxuries of financial freedom. More money = more opportunity. It's quite sad actually.

• Because they're sucky, lazy human beings that happened to have functioning vaginas.

• I am looking for a rich guy to marry! hahah

• Hmm I think this is a tricky topic. I wouldn't consider myself a gold digger, but I admire and find success attractive. I'd much rather date someone who has determination to do something with their life than someone who settled for whatever is handed to them. Just because they are successful doesn't change my determination. That would be hypocritical. How can you look for someone who had success when you don't have the same?

• Me = financially independent with a nice life @ 26.

I date rich men because I am a power tripper who luuuuurves that energy,
    admires that level of success, and to some extent, came from that lifestyle
    myself.

• might be lazy, might not think they can, might just... not want to.

• Girls assume that all rich guys are classy, gentlemen, and less judgmental towards girls. However, some can be very arrogant. Girls like the idea of guys having money because it makes them responsible and we, girls do not care if a guy is ugly or not.

• because evolution has programmed women into finding partners that can support them financially and emotionally ready for reproduction.

personally i'd like to get rich by myself

• To be honest, I don't. I don't want any association with rich people.

• People say "career woman" like its a dirty word and even insinuate that women who are working not out of pride, but to help support a family are second rate and not giving their kids what they need. Or even that women who have non-child related hobbies or social lives in addition to their family duties are bass But then people run down stay at home moms, too. You can't win with society as a woman.

• Why do guys look for good looking woman to date or marry?

Out of my large group of girlfriends, the few of my girlfriends who became very successful are single. They don't feel the need to settle down because they have the ability to have it all and aren't shamed for it in the same way they would have been 50-60 years ago. They can have a great job, earn a lot of money, bang when they want, not have to worry about cleaning up after someone else and even have kids and do it on their own if they want. They don't even need to involve the guy unless they want to or they could use a spermdoner. Also they tend to be a bit pickier... if they expect the best of themselves in everything they do, they naturally feel that way about any guy they will even consider dating - and rather be alone then end up with someone who isn't up to their par.

• Doesn't answer the question

• Funny, a guy who lived like that would be considered a major loser.

• @Intraluminal
      Really? Where do you live? Guys who have great jobs, ambition, money, lots of interest from woman and don't settle are def. not looked down on where I am at.

I personally don't live like that, but I don't see an issue with it as long as your happy.