Should I date her even tho we don't have much in common?

there is this girl whom I really like. She is beautiful , sweet and I know she is into me. She said she has a crush on me because of my personality which I find amazing, and I really wanna date her because I feel like she is worth it because of that and because i can't believe how beautiful and sweet she is. Only problem is that we don't have much in common , which could eventually be a problem in terms of activities, or things to do together or talk about.
Is this a good idea to date someone even tho you don't have much in common with that person?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well give her a trial. Spend time with her for a whole day and see how she acts.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just do what you can and try your best. If it does eventually happen and you end up on a date with her then it's better than nothing. It will probably be very hard to retain and maintain that kind of relationship in the long term though. Maybe she might change and eventually become interested in the things you are interested when you introduce them to her, but that's only if she chooses to and does actually become interested eventually.

What Girls Said 13

• do you fall for her? If yes, everything else can be worked on. This guy I was with, we had almost nothing in common, but eventually I grew to love all his hobbies. As long as you find her interesting and have the opportunity to see her often (you live close by ) I think it could work. Give it a try, why not

• I am in the same situation, although I'm just gonna give it a go. Why not try, there will have to be at least something you have in common, or you can do activities that one of you likes, and alternate who picks the next activity. Maybe you will end up liking something that she likes, that you never thought you would? I say try it out!

• If you like her I say give it a try, that's the only way to find out if you fit together or not after all.

• Give it a go and see what happens. Opposites can attract. ;)

• Date her to see if it will work

• Yes, if you like her personality, go for it. A lot of couples don't have tons of things in common, but you guys will find something you're both into and it can work out.

• Of course not

• If it's too much of a difference then you should just be friends

• Sure, you both can get involved and learn about new things, I mean how boring would dating a copy of yourself be?

• You never know until you try! It won't hurt anything

• Why not? At least you can try and maybe turns out you have more thing that are in common...

• Well it's a bit tricky to not have things in common but try to find them out !
    Even if there's nothing at all then at least she does care about you and you can try to become interested in the things she do and vice versa.
    Sometimes it can actually be nice that your partner is totally the opposite of you because that way you can learn new things too.

• You may have more in common than you think. World view generally matters more than exact activities. Give it a whirl.

What Guys Said 3

• Try to go on a date and see how ur conversation flows. People who really don't have much in common will find it hard to keep a conversation going, see if this happens to u. Gd luck!

• This is a tough one. If "sweetness" is something you really strongly appreciate in girls then in some way you already have something in common/compatibility. Apart from that it really depends on what you mean by "having things in common": is this about the sports she (dis) likes or about deeper personality traits. How much value have you placed on having things in common previously? Is it something that has always been high on your "list"?

• Opposites attract. I think it's good to come at this with an open mind and have both of you share your interests with each other.