Don't want him to see or speak to other girls other than me?

Am I wrong to ask that to a person I've been on 4-5 dates with? It's kind of a make or break thing because if he doesn't agree then I'm out. And he said he talks to other girls but I'm the only one he is dating.

• Yes in my opinion it's too soon
  • No, more than a enough time
When I mean other girls I'm talking about dating websites etc or women in bars not friends

Most Helpful Guy

• With your added update, I would imagine 4-5 dates is the appropriate time to ask to be exclusive. And you may want to rephrase your question to ask about exclusivity; it sound like you don't want him to interact with half the human population, which is obviously not only ridiculous but impossible. But with what I think you meant, yeah I would say you've hit the point that is okay. But also consider the progression of the relationship. Has there been physical intimacy, or have the dates been platonic and casual? If it's the former, I'd say your golden asking to be exclusive.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you have any right to ask him to not see or speak to other girls. You realize he may have friends that are girls, right? You aren't allowed to dictate his friends. If that's what you plan to do then you should honestly just leave the relationship. He deserves much better than someone who is so lacking in self confidence that they need to control who he hangs out with.

• I would hardly mean his friends I'm talking about chatty up other women.

• That's a reasonable expectation. I'm surprised you haven't brought that up before. Nah. You can definitely ask him that and I'd suggest doing it sooner rather than later.

P. S. You may want to clarify what you mean more.

What Guys Said 13

• I thought that was a given if you were dating someone. Also, going on 4-5 dates with someone doesn't mean you are "official" or anything. that has to be established. if its established, then its kinda obvious to know that communication with the other gender in a manner other than friendly, is wrong. at that point too, you can ask that, you know, just to clarify.
    But if nothing is established, he can do anything he wants and so can you.

• I say thats enough time. whats his answer though... if there is something else he needs to know, gauge what else he needs. otherwise, he's just playing around and you are serious so move on. Do not try to convince him with your body, that will not work and will backfire.

• Um thats kind of messed up. If he is not "allowed" to talk to other girls then thats really controling on your part and you have some issues to work through.

• You're no one to tell him who he should talk to and who he shouldn't, not even after years in a relationship. If I were him, I'd be the one leaving, I'm not dating crazy.

• Honestly get a grip, when you're in a committed relationship there's certain things you don't do. You haven't got a clue.

• That's because you are an idiot.

• @Falamalabobala Right, and here you are demonstrating your intellect XD

• Don't want him to speak? Please explain this part if you would

• Like dating websites or chatting up women in bars kinda thing, I don't mean female friends.

• Some people form a strong connection after a couple of dates where some can't after 8 or 10 dates

• True right, my SO and I had a strong connection before we met the first time (met online), went on 3 dates before we became official.
      Others I know are dating for 6 months and are still "eeehh, I may develop feelings".

• You shouldn't date with that kind of attitude. you're the type to get jealous fast and is also very sensitive. He should have the right to interact with anyone he wants with no implications. I suggest for him to leave you because all I see for the guy is an overly emotional and extremely clingy girl.

• it doesn't matter how long you have been dating, you can't control who they talk to, and women always get mad when their boyfriend does it to them

• So you ain't official or hold a status of girlfriend and yet your selfish and somehow your exclusive deal that he must obey the fine print... Well missy fuck that shit. A guy can talk to as many girls as he want, but love only 1. Ta-da

• In my first attempt at making an online relationship with a girl, she forbade me from conversing with other girls. She forced me to be monogamous to her. I found out that she was cheating on me the entire time. She fucked other guys while I remained faithful to her the entire time. She also ruined my chances of forming a relationship with another girl who actually liked me.

Do whatever you want.

• Wow that's horrible, I'm sorry you went through that!
      Hopefully you meat someone who can help you trust again :)

My last ex totally ruined me and I thought I'd never be able to get over the urge to go through a guys phone and trust again but my current partner, I haven't even had the thought.

• If you mean dating websites then he is cheating / trying to cheat. But friends are ok.

• Ooooh. Thanks for the clarification. In that sense, sure. Go ahead.

• good times

• When i was younger i would do that even to online gfs and they all cheated on me.. I think girls what they really want is a strong person who would tell you that you can not control him at least girls would busy thinking about him not about inside thier pants...

What Girls Said 4

• That's not something it's ok to ask of him no matter what your relationship is. What the actual fuck?

• Maybe you should read the whole thing instead of just the question and then jumping straight to the comments

• @Falamalabobala maybe be more clear in the initial question?

When you look at gag on a phone it shows you the question and description and allows you to answer. You don't see the updates unless you actually click on the question to see the other answers.

Don't get pissy with people because you worded your description and question in a way that made it sound like a completely different thing than you apparently wanted to ask.

• How to lose a boyfriend 101

• Same. If he doesn't agree I'm out. He can go on talking to other girls.

• I would do the same