Am I bad for asking my girlfriend to do this?

So, my girlfriend and I have been dating for six months. Fromy day 1, she has halways wanted me to open the door for her as soon as she steps out of the car so she doesn't have to knock. I, on the other hand, had to knock and her dad had to direct me to her bedroom where she was. So recently I started asking her to watch for me and open the door to see if she would actually do it. She says she will, but only actually did it once. I'm a little bit hurt by this. I'm generally nervous and walking around her house alone to find her, to me, is horrifying, and I get insanely nervous (and she knows this). So am I right to ask her to do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think that is bad or inconsiderate of you.

Most Helpful Guy

• You could just stop being so nervous.

• As a guy with social anxiety and high-functioning autism, that isn't an option.

What Girls Said 2

• Doesn't sound too unreasonable to me. Or next time just text her when you're close and tell her to come downstairs so you don't have to go in yourself?

• I do that and she doesn't look at her phone. Of all times for her to not be looking at it. She's usually absorbed in that thing.

• No you're not bad for asking for it. Honestly it's not unreasonable at all like jesshkah said.

What Guys Said 0