What is the earliest recognizable sign that your new partner is infatuated with you?

What is the earliest recognizable sign that your new partner is infatuated with you?You have been dating someone for 3 or 4 weeks and they keep telling you that they love you, or they bring little gifts like teddy bears (why do girls think guys want to receive a teddy bear?) You two had some potential - or so you thought - until you realized that they were infatuated with you. At first it was flattering but it quickly became annoying and you realized that this person wanted to possess your life and never let you go. You were struggling for breath when you broke free of their death grip and regained control of your life.

What was the earliest warning sign that this person was infatuated, possessive, and lacked the maturity to have a real relationship?

BONUS: MHO goes to the user who has the best explanation for why girls think guys want to receive a teddy bear. :)

• I don't know, because I have never dated
  • I don't know, because I have never been in a serious relationship
  • I don't know, because I have never had any one be infatuated with me
  • They call or text me every day early in the relationship
  • They ask to see me too frequently for the length of time we had been dating
  • They always want to buy me presents
  • They say "I love you" when they don't even know me

Most Helpful Girl

• Ehem we give them teddy bears cuz we think it's cute and he would think it's cute BOI
    media2.giphy.com/media/oUmBwN6mihDY4/giphy.gif

• You do realize, don't you, that guys don't think or feel like girls. . . or like kittens?

• Omg that's so cute!

• @RedRobin thank u :)) looks like someone appreciates my kitty/bear gif 😐

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

I assume thats how it works. I wish someone was infauted with me.

• Obviously G. If someone says they love you and you have only known them a few weeks, my advice is run. Run far away. This is not a rational thinker.

• I don't know why guys think all girls want teddy bears, I'm too and for that lol.

• I voted D, E, F.
    But, it was one day after perhaps a year of dating, he was doing the dishes that he said I love you.
    I took this one more serious.
    There were lots of other fun/loving times.

Earlier on, he showed D, E, F

• Why does anyone think anyone wants a teddy bear?

• Nobody has ever been infatuated with me :(

• Bringing the L word up when we don't know a thing about each other.

• I already assume that my partner and I are both infatuated with each other when we enter a relationship. When my boyfriend and I first started dating, the level of infatuation was high asf. Now, we have shared the L word with one another and we are definitely not clingy like we used to be.

• I think guys are the worst for blurting out "I love you" when they're just giddy with sex and the glow of validation.

Then, that buzz wears off and by the time the woman is coming around to feeling real love, the guys aren't sure anymore.

• I always strongly encourage people to not say "I love you" for the first time unless they are actually wearing their pants!

• That's a great tip!

What Guys Said 4

• My last relationship ended almost 6 years ago, and I have been single since then. Both my past relationships were toxic, and my memories of them are hazy at best! :P

• From my experience, the first thing I noticed was that she wanted to spend every minute possible with me. 4 weeks in, she said "I love you", and from there it pretty much went down hill.

• Their tongue down your throat.

• Why the fuck is infatuation a bad thing? Jeez, people take love and relationships for granted, every little thing is a problem. It must be nice to be emotionally spoiled.

• When someone is infatuated with you, they are not in love with you. They are in love with some fantasy in their head and they try to make you follow the script of their fantasy. They want to possess you, they can't bear being apart from you, they want to spend the rest of their life with you. . . and this is after knowing you for only two weeks. I would much rather have someone who knows me, knows who I really am, and then says "I love you" instead of someone who says "I love you" but who really means "I'm in love with the idea of being in love with you."