Which one matters most to you?

Explain why.

• Appearance
  • Personality

Most Helpful Guy

• Can't bang personality OP lol

Most Helpful Girl

• It's 50/50 for me really – Looks are crucial because they are what sparks your interest first and the physical attraction in combination with a great personality is what makes you fall in love.
    So while looks are very vital when it comes to the first moments, the personality is what will or will not make a relationship work in the long run.

What Guys Said 16

• uhhh both.

i ain't settling

• Personality is of paramount importance. I want a life long partner, a soulmate. She and I must have compatible personalities, otherwise the relationship won't last long. Appearance, in terms of attractiveness, is important too... but not that important.

• I do want to be physically attracted to a woman, yet personality more than anything will determine if we make it long term or not.

• Well looks do come first but as long as u are being around someone all u see is the personality of the person on his face and his actual apperance doesn't matter as much as his personality does.
    Bottom line on a long run his personality wins
    U don't know a person= looks
    Hope this can help

• Both are critical. But, looks are probably a bit more important. Can't replace hotness

• Personality because a girl can be well dressed and be a bitch

• Personality is important the most important actually but you can't be with someone you aren't physically attracted to or even acceptable even If he had the most magnificent personality in the world

• Both but weighted 70/30 towards personality.

• Personality matters most to me, and a lot of my friends make fun of me for the girls i've dated who weren't too good-looking :/

• he who says Appearance will lead a life of regret :p

• both

• First appearance and then personality. Both are essential.

• Personality.

• SNEAKY INSERTION OF ACCENTS INTO SONG LYRICS

• Appearance , because only then personality matters

• For friendship, personality. For a fling, appearance. For a relationship both.

What Girls Said 17

• So, statically the more attractive the person's personality is, the more physically attractive you'll find them, and vice versa. Plus, a hot appearance isn't going to be around forever, and if you're with someone, you should be with them for who they are, not what they look like.

• Personality. Because someone can look good or not look good and it wouldn't phase me. The ability to hold a conversation with me, make me laugh, have fun with me and have the same interests is what's important. If I can't have a good time with the person I'm with, I don't want to be with them.

• Personality. Someone might be pretty but if I have to sit around with someone who either bores or upsets me, it's not really worth it. Best to have a good personality so that they'll actually be pleasant to be around.

• If you're a pretty face but you're unfaithful, untrustworthy and abusive you're not going to be attractive in the long run, nah mean?

I'd rather have a person with a good head on their shoulders than a pretty boy who treats me like shit. Besides, that personality makes the outside look that much more beautiful.

• Personality!

• Appearances can change. Personality seldom does.

• looks and things of that nature will fade with time but a persons personality won't change unless something drastic happens to them and thats why i say personality

• Vote A = appearance = I can't date or have sex with people that I am not attracted to.

ie: I physically take great care of myself so admire and want that in others :)

• Both of them. Equally. Can't date someone unattractive I can't look at but I can't date an asshole either

• Both. Can't have one without the other.

• Personality because I have to get along with him. But appearance is also a factor. In my mind, looks is what attracts you and from then on its personality

• Neither. It doesn't matter if he's the nicest guy in the world, if he looks god awful and has no sense of hygiene then no🙅🏼

Also if a guy were to look like Zac effron with the attitude of a complete douchnozzle, then double no 🙅🏼🙅🏼

• Both.

• A nice looking person with a shit personality is like having a beautifully decorated layer cake made of cement. Likewise, a trashy looking cake may taste good but if it looks like it was dug out from a dump, I'm not gonna get close enough to stick it in my mouth. But seriously - pie isn't astonishingly beautiful but it can be fucking delicious. I'd rather have the guy that looks average or plain but is fucking delicious.

• ***has a good personality. Not... whut...

• Appearance, because I ain't bothering unless you've got that, regaurdless of personality. That's not to say that I'd go for a hotty with a bland personality though. It's just that unless I am physically impressed first, there's utterly no chance.

• Um he broke his teeth and still decided to meet up, I joked he looked like a hillybilly and that was our best date ever.

• Obviously , between the two personality is more important. I mean no one wants to be with just a pretty face. We have to be able to understand each other and interact. But , making a good first impression and trying your best to look as hot as possible is important too. No one wants someone thats funny as hell but doesn't take care of themselves either. You gotta have the two