Could you date someone who has radically different musical preferences than you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I could date them. I could listen to pretty much any kind of music haha. Musical preferences will never be a deal breaker for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• No.

Seeing as how my music is fairly wide in taste, that person would have to listen to some horrid horrid things.

What Girls Said 25

• yeah i could do it, but music is one of those things id like to share at least a little bit of common ground with.

• It's pretty hard not to have common music taste then me because I like a bit of most genres. Music is a big thing in my life so I probably couldn't date someone who doesn't like ANY of same music I like

• Sure can, I've never been into any music scene though. For me I'd have to be with someone who reads though and has some tastes in common with me there... love being able to get into the same books. Nothing is better then being able to share something you really love so I get how some people must feel about music.

• I'm super eclectic when it comes to music so it'd be hard ro. find someone with radically different preferences.

• I don't care about this at all

• yea as long as it was good haha they need to be able to tolerate dance music though because that's my shit

• Lol you like to dance. nice.

• yeaa, pop & edm <3 among others. i can appreciate most genres so i'd like it if he had a different taste, then we could learn from each other.

• Yeah that is so true. I learn about different artists I never heard off from so many people. Music is so big a lot of artists and genres.

• Sure! That wouldn't be an issue with me

• yes, because I listen to almost all genres

But Id hope theyd have good taste inside the genre they prefer...

thats my only requirement: some good taste pls lol

• Yeah. Music isn't the only medium for us to bond over.

• It would be hard cause I have just one gender of music that I don't reaaaaally get along with... it wouuuld be hard but if He's into working it out I'm there.

• Probably but it would be difficult. I listen to music 25/7 and if he didn't like my music that would potentially be a problem

• yes but it would be nice to have a few musical interests in common because that'd be another thing to share.

• Ehh I could, but I'd prefer if our tastes are at least somewhat similar. But musical preferences aren't like a dealbreaker for me or anything.

• as long as it's not headache inducing dubstep that he plays 24/7 then yah, idc.

• Yes music doesn't matter in a relationship Love does lmao I feel like a wise man 😉xD xD

• yeah as long as they weren't mean about it

• Sure I can, just don't make a big deal about it

• No I wouldn't date a metal head. Metal is one genre I refuse to tolerate.

• That would be a really silly reason to not date someone in my opinion

• Yes i would, i really love music but it's not an obstacle for not dating someone...

• Yes, but only if they can listen to my musical show everyday ^-^

• That musical show sounds interesting.

• No, i didn't perform in. I wish I had. That's called simply Kpop

• Uh ok.😃

• Sure. That is not overly important to me.

• Dont know, maybe...

• Yeah, as long as they didn't play that vomit around me.

• I don't have any preferences in that area. I listing to literally every style. from classical pieces to underground hip hop.

What Guys Said 15

• maybe. if they respect me, then yes. if they are obnoxious about it, no. It may be fun or it may be painful, depends on the person.

• sure. music is only a tiny facet of a person.

• Yes! As long as they don't talk trash about your taste in music, then you're good to go. I think something like this topic, shouldn't be considered as a problem in the dating world. There's a lot of people with differences but it's really nice when the other puts up with something that they don't find themselves inclined to. Just shows that they put aside their differences and not let it bother them. Take classical music and Rock music. Two people who come from different backgrounds can have music experience but those are two different worlds. Classical musicians put down rock musicians. Vice versa at times with rock musicians.

• I'd much prefer to be into similar music, be able to go dancing together. That's really important tbh

• It'd be cool if she liked music a lot. Outside of that, I don't care if we like the same genres or bands or whatever.

• So long as we left each other in peace, sure.

• Yes, I don't really care about their taste in music. I listen to chill/future bass and my last girlfriend listened to screamo lol

• As long as we had a few similar interest I wouldn't care.

• There's only two genres of music I can't stand, and even so life would be boring if we all agreed all the time. So yeah, I could.

• Sure, im open to listening to something new and different.

• 0|1
  • yes. Because sooner or later she will listen to the exact same music I listen to ;)

• HMMM, BUT WHAT ABOUT SHOE TASTE

• My first instinct is to go "yeah, sure", but thinking about it... that's a tough question.
    Hmm...
    Probably. Depends on their personality.

• I'm not really into music so yeah probably. I date a girl who loved to go to live performances a lot, most of the time I came with her, and most of the time I hated it. But when we did other stuff she was cool.