Does my boyfriend actually like me or does he just want sex?

So me and my boyfriend have been dating for a week. He says he really likes me and that I'm special and he always says he misses me and we chill often and he did introduce me to his friends as his girl. What happened today tho was he wanted to chill at his place so I went over to his place and we hung out and when his friends left we madeout/cuddled and did "stuff" he also wanted to have sex and I said I can't today and he said okay so we just continued doing what we were doing. He usally walks me to the subway but today he said if it's okay if he doesn't because he's tired so I said okay and we huffed and kissed and right before I left he said "can I tell you something" I said yeah sure and he said "I really like you" and then kissed me again. I really like him but do you think he actually does like me? Or does he just want sex?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he likes you as a potential candidate and also wants sex with you, but still has emotions for another? Or maybe he's really just tired. Though, I've only done that to fuck buddies, never ditched my girl.

• Okay, so you think he likes another girl too? If that's what you meant by "still has emotions for another" if that's what you meant why would he ask me to be his gf? :/ and he did say he was really tired and he did kinda have a bad day in the morning from what he said

• Well, my theory is perhaps he's not over his ex? Not sure, though.

Most Helpful Girl

• He said he really likes you. He really likes you. Girls need to stop over analyzing ever single move, word, scratch, sniff, look a guy gives. That's how good relationships are ruined before they even really start.

What Guys Said 2

• Been dating one week and he is already your boyfriend? He doesn't even know you so how can he be seriously in like with you?

• Yeah that's true but why would he lie and say that then? He's the one who always says it first

• I think he wants to pull down your panties and have a party.

• of course he wants you for sex.

that's just 1 thing though. if he likes you, there should be more stuff he wants u for

• How do I know if he likes me?

• Okay thanks, well I guess I'll never know the real answer right

• if u wanna look at it that way, we'll never know anything beyond our own thoughts and desires.

What Girls Said 1

• Seriously. You have been dating for a week. How can you know if you like someone in a week's time? I am sure he enjoys your company. Whether he likes you for you I would assume that would come with getting to know each other which takes time. Once you get to know someone then you decide if you like them. I can't imagine that anyone can know you in a week's time.

If you are concerned about this then I suggest in the future that you do not have sex so soon with the men you date so you can get to where you trust the guy likes you before you do have sex. It may help with any anxiety you are feeling about him liking you or sex. Just a thought.

• Oh yeah that's true but we didn't have sex. I didn't even think that till my friend brought it up because she said if your boyfriend makes out with you and stuff he only wants sex is that true? And after I said no and he says "I really like you" does he actually mean it or is it just a lie?

• You: Oh yeah that's true but we didn't have sex.
      Me: Sorry, I misread your post.

You: I didn't even think that till my friend brought it up because she said if your boyfriend makes out with you and stuff he only wants sex is that true?
      Me: No, that is not true. Your friend is an idiot. A guy can like you and like making out with you and enjoy having sex. It is not an either/or situation.

You: And after I said no and he says "I really like you" does he actually mean it or is it just a lie?
      Me: I have no idea. You guys have only been dating for a week. My previous post still applies. You guys do not know each other. It takes more than a week to get to know someone.

You need to figure out what level of physical activity you are comfortable with. It sounds like you have not figured that out. You can't push a guy into liking you, whether that is from rushing physical activity or forcing an emotional connection because you had physical activity. Good luck to 'ya.