I really like this girl and we are dating but the only problem is that she is catholic how do I let her know that God isn't real?

She attends mass every Sunday and prays with her family etc before dinner but I don't believe in any of that hocus pocas crap, lol, she goes to church and prays to her fake God the spaghetti monster who wants us to repent 😂, so how can I show her that religion is a scam and the biggest load of crap ever, as you can see I am very criticical of religion and I hate going to church with her and praying before meals which I think is ridiculous so what can I do here? How many of you believe in the myth of God anyways?

Yea she's not dumping me and it's funny seeing you all believing in your magical little god
Praise be to the fake god lmao you all are so sad believing in this nonsense, I can see I've hurt your feelings from telling you the truth that there's no such thing as god, you poor weak minded people, it's sad really let's break some bread 😭😭😭😭

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think it's up to you. If you're not willing to accept her as she is then she deserves better. I personally am an athiest, but I don't feel like I need to make everyone I date think the same way I do. If she believes in god then that's her perogative and choice.

What you need to do is inform her of the fact that you don't believe in god. Don't try to force her to see things the way you do. If she's willing to accept you even if you don't believe what she believes, then she's a wonderful girl and you should consider yourself lucky.

• She already does accept me, I'm trying to open her eyes and stop believing that garbage praying and going to church, like a bunch of fools thinking your getting saved people are so gullible, lol, I'm just trying to show her the truth praise be to the spaghetti man, and religion the largest scam and business ever created.

• Maybe it is. But you can't change her. You trying to do that would make you no better than people who try to cram their religion down your throats. I don't think you really love her if you aren't willing to accept her as she is. She obviously can accept that you don't believe what she believes. I think you need to either show her the same respect or leave so she can find someone who will.

• I don't have to leave her I can do what I want how am I wrong for speaking the truth, religious people are garbage and scum, how is what im doing wrong she accepts me yes she does but what harm would I be doing in slowly chipping away at her and molding her beliefs to open her eyes and show her that religion is fake.

• I understand. I don't believe in the Christian stuff either, I like... but... if SHE is really religious and you tell her this... she will probably get very pissed. I honestly don't recommend this. If you don't mind her breaking up with you in the near future, say what you will. If you like her a lot... having this different of religious views... might be a deal breaker. Next time, find an atheist. You'll thank me later lol.

• I don't believe in God but I don't think you should take that away from her if it's important to her. Respect her beliefs if you want her to respect your lack of beliefs. Goodluck.

• All I'm trying to do is get her to stop listening to that garbage lol gods gonna come and praise be to him 😂😂😂😭😭😭, people are so gullible believing in that crap praying and going to church and thinking there gonna get saved lol, what a bunch of fools, all I wanna do is show her the truth.

• It's your truth, hers is that there is a God. Some people don't feel they have a purpose with out God. Some people really need God, they need to believe their is a point or that there is some kind of great plan and that's okay... everyone gets through the day differently.

• That is so sad that people need a magical fake being to make them get through the day and feel better about themselves, I'm just trying to help her.

• You're awful. She deserves better. Toodaloo.

Oh, AND PRAISE THE LORD!🙏🏻

• You likely can't.

• I don't believe in god, but as long as she isn't hurting anyone let her believe what she wants. Tell her you feel uncomfortable praying before a meal etc, and would rather not do so.

• You dumbass learn to respect others beliefs' . Don't even mention the fact that you THINK God isn't real unless you want her to dump you. Which i think is a good idea.

• Praise be to the lord lmao oh yea she's not dumping me, and I don't need to respect someone's belief in a fake idol, lol. You all are so gullible believing that god crap.

What Guys Said 6

• As far as me and my faith is concerned, it's complicated and that's all I'll say, but you on the other hand, Wow? I'm shocked your able to go to a church? If you feel this strongly about it why go to church? I don't think you have a right to "let her know God isn't real", just like someone who does believe doesn't have a right to force or sway you to believing. That's her faith and you can't just stop her from believing in it. Just don't go there. If it's a deal breaker for you either leave or deal with it, but coming in between her and her beliefs just doesn't sound like a good idea.

• Leave her religion alone.
    Your arrogance is breathtaking, but typical of the militant atheist social-justice warriors.
    It is not for any of us to attempt to impose our view of spirituality (or lack thereof) upon any other person.
    She has a relationship with her God, real or imagined.
    She has been raised in that paradigm, so any other world view would be unthinkable for her.

• Keep believing in your fake pathetic god, like I told the other girl, it's amazing how gullible people are believing in the good lord lmao, oh yea 😭😭😭😂😂😂😂, praise be to the spaghetti man. And will see once I show her that religion is nothing but garbage.

• In your arrogance, you have assumed (incorrectly) that I am a follower of the god of the Christians.
      I am not.
      What I am is someone who has respect for other people and their spiritual beliefs. Not sharing someone's spiritual belief is not a reason to ridicule it, or to attempt to persuade them that they are delusional.

• Why not it is delusional to believe in god, who's the real God, the Egyptian gods the roman gods, the Greek gods, the Christian, Muslim or other fairytale creatures out there along with Santa, religious people are pathetic and the most worthless useless gullible pieces of garbage out there and all in trying to do is get my girlfriend to see the light and accept the truth of things, knowing a man such as yourself, you should be agreeing with me.

• I can tell you have some strong feelings about atheism, but haven't really committed yourself to learning how to live an atheistic lifestyle. Read some atheist literature, actually read the holy books you intend to criticize (it's super easy there's a ton of fucked-up shit in there believers don't pay attention to), and watch some videos of the late Christopher Hitchens. Rest in peace you glorious bastard.

• You poor angry man, maybe ill rest good once I make it to heaven lmao

• If you can't respect her completely just look for another girl, you aren't good for her

• That's not something you're going to be able to prove to her if she truly believes.

• I'm catholic born and raised and I'm terrified of dying at my age It pisses me off
    how you damn atheists claim God doesn't exists but yet you have no evidence or proof. Unless you died and came back to life you have nothing. I'd rather believe in something that may or may not be real then listen to an Atheists who's to ignorant to let others believe in their own faith.