Will I ever fall in love again?

My ex boyfriend broke up with me last week because he wanted to grow by himself as a person and now was not the time. It was difficult but I don't want to wait until he thinks it's time because I want to protect myself from being hurt if he finds someone else (he's very volatile, he could love you one day and break up the next) which is what he did to me.
I am 20 years old, was wondering if I'll ever love someone again. He was my first boyfriend and we dated for a year. Has anyone else dated better people after breaking up?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry to hear about that. If it's your very very first relationship then it's more than likely to occur. It's' just the reality of it, no relationship is absolutely certain or guaranteed to last forever, things change, people change, and there really isn't anything you can do to control or prevent the situation from changing.

You are still feeling attachment toward him, then just take time off and keep yourself busy with what you want to and like to do. Don't dwell on it. You can Not control how your boyfriend thinks, acts, or feel. If he is uncertain about being together with you, he may have second thoughts. It will take time to heal if you are still feeling hurt. Time to meet up and talk with your other friends or relatives and hang out with them, and get any support and or advice that you may need from them.

Find something productive that you can do and have fun, even if it's time by yourself. Don't rush into some new relationship or rush back into the dating scene or you might make haste judgments. Healing emotionally requires patience.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. I lost my first when I was just turned 21, we were together 2 years, and I felt like I would never feel that way about someone like that ever again, but I did and I loved him even more and then that all fell apart after 4 years and now I love someone else... hopefully for the last time. So yeah, there is hope :)

What Guys Said 9

• My dear miss Lala

You're 20, that's young,

People become 80 these days, my grandmother was supposed to reach 80...
    Anyway that's like 60 years... In those 60 years a LOT will happen.
    Even in a year, a lot can happen.

Don't worry miss Lala. Your ex got attracted to you for a reason, so there will be other people who will be attracted to you.

• move one... he broke up with you. end of the story. don't make a drama out of this and YES your gonna find love again... i can promise you that. seriously...

but yah. MOVE ON

• I already new he was your first boyfriend before I reached the part you're saying it.
    Naive girls and their fucking first they can never forget. Usual things.

• lol seems like you're a bit bitter

• :( farroutttttt man sorry to hear that
      Bloody hate people who cheat!! 😡 u deserve so much better than bitches like that

• There's no friggin excuse for cheating, friggin physically or emotionally!!

• what is love?

• Don't fall in love Bruh, too Much to lose :)

• What does "grow by myself" mean?

• Probably.

• you have a long time still, you will find the right man one day

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• Every break up I've ever gone through I didn't think I'd be able to find someone else or someone better and turns out every guy after the last is always better because the more you date the more you learn what you want out of a guy and out of a relationship and the less likely you will be to settle. You're so young girl, play the field a little bit.

• Thank u for the encouragement!! God bless u ❤️

• Don't worry, i'm sure that you will find someone and will fall in love with them...