Do you feel girlfriends are expensive?

Just your general experiences or feelings on the subject.

• I've had a girlfriend and she was expensive
  • I've never had a girlfriend and think they are expensive
  • I've had a girlfriend and she was cheap
  • We split the bill
  • Results

Most Helpful Girl

• If you feel like having a girlfriend is expensive, you're doing it wrong or you're with the wrong person.

• My mouth called, it wants those words back that you stole. LOL

Like, I was gna type almost this exact thing, almost verbatim. (except with mah trademark phrase, "yr doing life wrong")
      <3

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the guy, and if he wants his girlfriend to control him, or if he wants to be controlled by himself.
    I for sure am not gonna let a girl tell me I have to pay everything for her. I'm not an ATM, and she's not a child.
    I'll treat her sometimes, but it won't be a constant thing that whenever she wants something, I pull out my credit card.

I want a girlfriend, not a leech.

What Girls Said 9

• Yeah but so are boyfriends :P

• if your girlfriend is expensive either 1 you're giving her stuff or doing stuff for her you don't actually need to do, you're just assuming you should or 2 she's using you for your money

• I've never been an expensive girlfriend; in fact, more than once, I have been the one who spent far more cash on HIM than he ever did on me. In my current relationship we always go Dutch.

• I have heard guys say that and I wonder if they base their self worth on their money or if they just date gold diggers or if it's both

• I won't let him pay for my things, I split the bill, and earn my money. However sometimes being in a relationship might be a bit expensive.

• I don't think girlfriends are expensive, don't they share the bills nowadays? I know in my country it's the guys who pays for the big majority of time cause that make them look manly but I thinking in usa people always split the bills.

• To answer your question honestly I really don't know. That is to say, I do know what people "say" and you are right about that, but I don't have any data on the legitimate trends of dating behavior.

• ok, but what do you mean by expensive. You just talk about paying for the date or the gift, flower and all too?

• Guys who feel this way try to compensate for shortcomings with money. Or else find transaction gets them what they want without having to be attentive or caring.

Not hot enough to pull a hottest chick with your natural ability? Keep shopping til you find one you can buy! Don't want to listen to her talk? Keep shopping til you find a girl who only does what you want for money. The gold diggers are on the flipside of this, though, and equally flawed.

• I'm always spending more when I'm dating than when I'm single. I don't really mind it though. We go out and have fun, we enjoy life, and we can both afford it, so it's not a big deal.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 16

• Loneliness carries its own price tag.

• Ya they can be, but I mean regardless of relationship status I'm going out, spending money, buying things anyways. Life in general is expensive, so that shouldn't be a negative consideration in my opinion

• girlfriends aren't expensive as much as dating is expensive

• Exactly. Dating is expensive on both sides, because you're typically doing more activities that you'll end up paying for, and both people should be footing the bill for that. But you should feel comfortable putting a limit on what you're willing to spend, so that dating doesn't cause financial problems for you. If you feel like that's not an option, then that's a problem.

• @samhradh_leannan agree 100%. you're going to movies, dinners, outings, spending more on gas, probably money on them (not necessarily them asking for stuff but just little bits of money here and there)...

and i agree every relationship needs to sort of realize when they are spending an adequate amount of money on dates and what not. you definitely shouldn't be growing broke dating

• I think it depends on the girl, different girls will expect different things. Then it also depends on the guy. I feel like girls might expect more from some guys while other guys can get away with doing very little.

• Girlfriends are insanely expensive! Even the ones that say they are inexpensive are expensive! Just because you go Dutch doesn't mean that you aren't still having to spend money. There are cute inexpensive or free dates, but they always want more. Don't get me wrong, I love being with a girl, but we're kidding ourselves if we don't think it has an impact on our economic situation.

• Wtf...

• right?

this poll makes me sad

• @BeerFarts that moment when you haven't been to gym in years and you're still 12/10 xD

• @thebravelion, gosh, you make blush, you set beast :p

• Very much so.

• the ones I dated were very materialstic

• I've been with my girlfriend for two years now and she's only expensive if I let her be, if I invite her to something I feel like I should pay, after all it was me who initiated the thing.

• Pretty much depends on the girl. If she's needy as hell then she's likely to be what you call "expensive"

• Everything in life is expensive.

• My girlfriend can buy everything I own

• Women in general are expensive dude.

• Of course they are. When you're single you don't do shit. When you have a girlfriend you got to go places, even if you split it still cost you more than when you're single.

• In the first week with a girl I spent 500 dollars, I spent thousands on this girl in highschool, I will say that contrary to what many women say the minute you start showering her, they enjoy every second of it and you will have the envy of ither girls saying oh how cute and other angry bitter girls calling her a b**** saying all she has to do is open her legs, yep drama is crazy, all over treating a girl well.

• Thousands in high school? I'm sorry but that's insane.

• You don't need to spend ridiculous amounts of money to be happy.

• @Jessicocoa cause I mean we like to travel and go places, doing different activities and driving around and having a good time from going to north Carolina and the Grand Canyon to paying to play go karts at the local go kart place, to going to Disney world, that all adds up after a while and we both enjoy ourselves and have fun, and we're happy, I'm not angry about spending money on the girl who I enjoy spending my time with you know

• Before I married I had a house and a bank account. Sigh, they are but memories now.