What's a good age for kids to start dating?

• 13
  • 16
  • 18

Most Helpful Guy

• I say 16
    for me it was 14, but I had like no clue though

Most Helpful Girl

• 18.

I did not start dating until the age of 18 and it's amazing how much that benefited me throughout my womanhood and during my adult relationships. Therefore, I'm a firm believer that during middle school and high school, girls (and guys) should be focused on preparing to tackle adulthood, setting up the correct framework for life as an adult (college), and enjoying what's left of their youth before they get a taste of the real world. Exposing your heart to temporary relationships where it my get broken or permanently scarred is simply not a wise, productive use of time during those precious years. It's so much better to just wait.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 5

• The older and more mature they are, the better. Most teenage relationships don't last, because they simply don't have a clue what they're doing (no offense to anyone; some people actually do know). Teenage relationships are for the initial experience, and nothing more. They learn a little bit about romance and dating, and that carries them further to find the right person.

I voted for 16, but that is the minimum age that I think people should start dating. It shouldn't be anything less. 16+ seems like a decent age.

• 16 at least. Dating any younger is a little stupid to me unless you are both very mature. Still, if not 16 then 15, but preferably 16.

• 16's a good age, I'm currently in a relationship and I'm learning quite a bit from it. Honestly it depends on the person too, if they're not mature enough I'd say like 17-18.

• Age 18 is good

• Concentrate on your studies and who you are first.