Is it bad that I strongly value manners and chivalry, and if a guy doesn't have them, I don't see him as a potential mate?

I prefer good manners and or chivalry over looks. Is that bad? Are my standards too high?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all. Looks fade, his manners won't.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't think so. I always try to be nice and polite to everyone so it would be great if some girls really value that

• As everybody keeps repeating, you like what you like. It's fine.

• Good manners over look? I thought that is pretty much most girl's standard? Like they want some guy that treat her right and be decent looking. I don't think your standard are high at all, in fact it might be low.

• No one cares.

• No, those things matter, but the question is are you saying that or are you actually acting on it?

What Girls Said 5

• I'm the same but add intellect to that as well. We all have our desires and we're all entitled to choose a mate based on them.

• No. You're standards aren't too high. That's a perfectly good reason to be attracted to or not attracted to someone. Just make sure that you're actually getting it.

• It's not bad at all. It also doesn't mean your standards are too high. In my opinion chivalry and manners are to be expected, it's not like it's hard to be a nice and polite person.

• If you meet a guy that doesn't have that to the extent that you'd like, you maybe shouldn't just throw him away right away. You could say like, after he's done something like hold up the door for you or something, (cause he can't be that bad mannered...) you can casually say "Oh I really like it when guys have good manners and chivalry." And smile and wink at him or something. So you kind of promote that behaviour (whoop whoop)

Love-Ninja out!

• No it's not bad!! Everyone has a preference as to how they want their mate to be.